Thread: Beginner Blues Tune "I Got It"

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beginner Blues Tune "I Got It"

I have spent some time creating a new beginner blues video. I wrote a little simple blues tune just for this. Have a look. It's really basic and simple but beginners should be able to pick this up right away and play along with a smile in no time.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to grab my ole Jasmine and jam along,now that I can do.Very cool Robert.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Robert, couldn't help but want to jump in on that. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Robert what accoustic you playing???

Nice lesson for our begginers young and old
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert, some cool stuff in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will be trying this tonight Robert. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. that is really cool

Post Thanks / Like

Nice tune to "teethe" on for us Noobs.

Post Thanks / Like

I like. I like.

Can I expect that anytime I hear something that I'll have to pay to get the tabs to play it? Is that only because it is a song you made up or is that just how it is?
    "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift that's why they call it the present. Live in the now. Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's an experience."

Guitar: ST-Special Strat
    Amp: GA-10

Post Thanks / Like

Soulstress, I have a lot of free stuff on www.dolphinstreet.com - have a look.

Some things I publish for free, some I charge for. It takes a lot of work/time/effort to produce a decent video lesson that is well planned and executed. Additionally, I also make them available in HD format, and you get both PDF and GP5 files and sometimes a backing track.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I've found that site helpful already with the little bit of searching I've done so far today.

Spent an hour but I played my first piece of blues. Blues-Scale Lick "9 out"
    Last edited by Soulstress; December 27th, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
    "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift that's why they call it the present. Live in the now. Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's an experience."

Guitar: ST-Special Strat
    Amp: GA-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've Had It

The title of this track AND the fact that it is based in the blues AND the purpose of offering it for anyone just starting reminded me of something somewhat similar that brought a smile to my face. I joined my first band (the Saharas) in 1959 - I was in the 8th grade at the time. One of the very first songs we could all play together reasonably well was called "I've Had It" (close enough to your title to make me remember). The band that recorded it was The Blue Notes (although they weren't really playing any blues). Three chords and very few notes later and we were on our way! It really doesn't take much to get started. Thanks for the fond memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool story! Thanks EnglishJW.