Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Condolences To Shiner

Thread: Condolences To Shiner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condolences To Shiner

Oh yeah.....major sympathy to our dear friend Shiner.......whose Baylor football team lay down and died right from the get-go against CB's Univ of Texas squad.

One wonders if they had a little in-house wager ( ) and how much of a point spread she gave him? What did the Loser have to do?

Major kudos to my alma mater, Temple, who for the first time in light years, may actually get into a bowl game. We're 8-2 and damn, ain't that a shock?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't even talk to me about that game Pie. I watched till half-time, and decided 40-0 was more than I could stomach. Just one more bad game to add to my repertoire of Baylor misery.

I will say that CB was very lady like today. She did not wear her UT jersey, and she has not rubbed it in my nose . . . yet.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

If it's any consolation, I have some Shiner bock in my fridge right now. It will be moving from fridge to serving vessel in a bit.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell ya' waiting for Marnold?? That stuff's only good if you're drinking it!
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Serving vessel?

How about from the fridge to the stomach, to the...
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Serving vessel?

How about from the fridge to the stomach, to the...
    toilet???

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    toilet???
    give that man a beer.

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I lived in Hewitt (just across the bridge from Waco) Baylor was the running joke.....everybody beat Baylor :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey man, I am there with you. The UW Huskies gave me hope this year with some early wins and knocking off USC, but have dropped 4 straight since. Got thumped by Oregon State yesterday. Well, there is always the Apple Cup. The WSU cougs are not having a great year, and it is always a game unto itself anyway.

Condolences to you, and I can empathize.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Poor, poor Shiner. First Baylor dies at the starting gate......and then.........the Cowboys flop against the Packers. OUCH!! They didn't score any points until the last 2 minutes. Sheesh!

Think we ought to send a couple of cases of Shiner Bock to our depressed pal in Waco??

Post Thanks / Like

And by the last two minutes, I wasn't even watching Pie. I got so disgusted I left the room, and then of course they score.