Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My electrics are lonely . . .

Thread: My electrics are lonely . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default My electrics are lonely . . .

After my NGD on Monday, my electrics have been lonely this week. Between the honeymoon (hubba, hubba! ) and focusing a bit on the material we have been doing at the acoustic jam night I started, I have been living in acoustic land this week. But what a nice land it is, especially with my new acoustic tone!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, my strat is coming out this morning. I need to turn on some pedals!!!! Acoustic jam is tonight so I will do the unplugged thing again then. LOL!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOOOOOOO! Stay away from the dark side young Steve
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

OR

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

pes_laul Guest

Enjoy that acoustic steve

I remember when I got my seagull I didn't play my electric for like three weeks. we even went unplugged for band practice (well almost our drummer used brushes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Kris! Unfortunately the acoustic jam got called off tonight due to the host's flu issues, or some sort of bug he wanted to avoid passing around. Nonetheless, I started off playing my strat, then my acoustic along with my daughter today, then my Viking, and soon I will close out with the acoustic. No pedals really today, just the preamp boost. I guess the acoustic is making me want to hear my electrics pretty clean and stripped down. Got some work done too, and a hike with my oldest boy. All in all a good day!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like all the toys are getting a good workout. Glad to hear you are getting along with the newest member.

When we return to Florida the guitars in storage always get a lot of attention for a while. It's like seeing old friends after a long time away.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I seem to never get tired of my acoustic guitars. There's something very satisfying about picking it up and making music without having to hassle with plugging anything in, using a cable, dialing in the right sound, etc. Especially when you have one that sounds good, like the one you have.

I have a Martin and a Taylor, and they're both really fun to play. I especially like to play them more around the holidays, since I get a chance to do some Christmas songs again.

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718