Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Out again

Thread: Out again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Out again

Been out several times over the last couple of weeks. Last night to a place in Dunedin I'd never been before. Rather sparse crowd and only a few players, but a terrific little room. Great host. This open mic has been around for a couple of years but may not last much longer.

I played four tunes, could have gone on but opted to get while the getting was good. Was pretty happy with my playing. Among the tunes I did was an old Jackson Browne tune called These days. I learned it from the Tom Rush version and my version has a lot of Toms feel to it. First time I'd played it live and came away pretty pleased with the result.

FWIW I played my Martin D2R thru the hosts LR Baggs DI box. Like this.

Typically I use my K&K E.Q.. I was really impressed with the sound from the Baggs. Very full, lots of depth and presence, but the guitar still had the natural, woody rosewood, rumble. The host played a Martin with an ash back and sides. His guitar had a much brighter, crisper tone and the DI box brought that out nicely.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun, 'keel! Always leave 'em wanting more, eh!

These Days is a GREAT song!

These days I seem to think alot/
    About the things that I forgot/
    to do...for you...

Jackson Browne's "Late For The Sky" is one of my all-time favorite albums, by anyone! Stone classic!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.