Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LP Studio V.S. LP Standard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    OK. Heres what I should have said. The Faded Studio series have burstbuckers in them, unlike the regular painted Studios that come with the 490/498 combo. Happy? I didn't know there would be test later! LOL
    Merry Christmas.
    Dude, relax. It's not like I'm being anal here, so please spare the sarcasm. I'm simply trying to clear up any possible confusion you may have (your statement CAN be taken that way, as I was politely trying to explain) or even confusion that your statement could potentially cause for others. That's all.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

if you read the whole thread you would see that Maxi was not sure if he had a Studio or Classic. He had dates ranging from 72 to 92. As it unfolded he found it was a 92 Classic.
    I am sure you will agree with me that 90% of the Studios out there have the 490/498 combo? And that the "latest" editon of the Faded LP Studio would have been after 92. So really do we need to go over this again.
    OH and BTW I wasn't being sarcastic, but now I am. The LOL would mean I was laughing about it.
    After 1000 or so posts here I am sure both Robert and Spudman will tell you I do not conduct myself in any manner other than to help.
    And again Merry Christmas. Case Closed.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I read the thread in the first place. I'm not talking about all of that, so I don't know why you're bringing other models into it, especially SG's. That's not my concern and I was only referring to ONE thing you stated that has nothing to do with ANY of that.

Here. Brass tacks: Kazz mentioned the Mahogany Studio Faded. You said "the latest edition of those Mahogany Les Pauls have Burstbuckers in them." I stated that they all have Burstbucker Pro's in them because they all do. There has been one run of the Studio Faded, from what...2004?...on to today. There is no latest edition of the Studio Faded since 92 or whatever. That's all I'm saying. Does it need to be drawn out any further than that? No, not really, nor does it seem to elicit the eventual response I got from you when trying to explain myself, thanks. But that's two days ago, so whatever. It's done.

So yeah, with that said, one last thing and then I'm done: no offense really, but the ONLY thing that you having over 1000 posts means to me is that you hit the "Submit Reply" button over 1000 times. I don't view it as a sign of someone's reliability, trustworthiness, intent, or any other weird sign some seem to think it should be taken as. It's not that big of a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default studio vs standard

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    OPPS, my bad Zman. The owner of the Guitar is my V.P. he has a 59 reissue which he said was #1 now. He Gave us the week off for all of our hard work over the past few months. Well, anyway I'll get to see the LP next week when I am back in the office. I'll update everyone once i have seen it.

Maxi............................
    there is many ways to look at this I own 14 gibson guitars many of witch are Les Paul models. Now the Difference is in the quality of the wood Exotic woods are very expenssive especialy curry maple of Flame maple these are considered grades ...Sometime they are graded as AA or AAA meaning the rarety of the wood In Classic Les paul You will often see AAA (tiple A grade Flame top ) what that means is the Block of wood they used for that guitar is a High Exotic Wood big Bucks because its rare and the way they prepare it is as such... they take this deseased wood (exotic flame wood ) that measures 8 inches wide by 6 inches thick and the cut it perfectly in the midle creating the perfect twin wood to the next one because it follows the same grain and thats how you get a high AAA grade Flame top ..the split of the wood is in the midle of the Les Paul only you will see these in Clasics, Costoms ,and Standards only depending on its grade AA or AAA ...when you start going into Deluxe and Studio your using regular Maple and or peaces left over from the high grade ones sometimes ending up with three pieces on the Body instead of two this creates a lower end Les paul ..Still sounding ok but not getting the sustain tones from the exotic woods you would find in the Classic,,Custom,,or standard .. Hope this help a little

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123