Thread: Feeling manly ...(chest pounding content)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling manly ...(chest pounding content)

Mrs. Katastrophe and I received some furniture for our living room today. We're trying to get the house ready for the impending baby birth (Mrs. Katastrophe has been "nesting" with a vengeance). Included in the furniture were two end tables and a coffee table, with a really cool top that lifts up and goes toward you.

The tables came in a box, partially unassembled. Oh, crap.

You see, I seem to have an inability to assemble stuff. Seems like there's always spare parts, and what isn't there doesn't fit right, and I usually end up knocking parts together with all the aptitude of a confused caveman until I quit in frustration.

Well, I sat down and actually read the instructions. For "Made in China," it was remarkably clear and easy to understand. I actually finished! Everything went together and it looks the same as the display models in the furniture store (no spare parts, either). I know I shouldn't get so excited about such a small project, but nothing got gouged, and it all looks real nice. Wenge is a beautiful wood for furniture...

It was definitely a confidence builder. Don't know what I'll try next, maybe a trip to IKEA to see what they can throw at me...

Also, made a deal with Mrs. Katastrophe that if we got this furniture, I get another guitar. I'm learning...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Also, made a deal with Mrs. Katastrophe that if we got this furniture, I get another guitar. I'm learning...
    yep you ARE learning....you'll do just fine!!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the first lesson in marriage is learn how to barter

Congrats!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009