Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Soccer -France eliminates Ireland

Thread: Soccer -France eliminates Ireland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Soccer -France eliminates Ireland

Definitely, there was a hand on this winning goal..
    Ireland has been kicking out of the world cup that way..
    Will there be a riot in the country or something ?

Last edited by Blaze; November 19th, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, that officiating is worse than the umpiring we saw in the baseball playoffs this year! Made worse by the fact that the French player's use of his hand was quite clearly intentional.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the official HAD to turn a blind eye to the hand........vis-a-vis a perceived threat to his family??

Post Thanks / Like

Soccer has no instant replay, and officials are going to miss calls. What we saw on that video was a closeup view of the net area, and I wasn't able to clearly see where the officials field position was. Let's not turn this into anything more than it needs to be.

We've seen teams win and lose critical games in almost every sport at some point or another.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Believe me we are hurting here in Ireland. The Irish government have even called for the game to be replayed. Unfortunately FIFA want and need France in the finals as they have the star players & star players mean FIFA can charge more money for TV rights etc. Little old Ireland's appeal to have the game replayed will fall on deaf ears!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Soccer has no instant replay, and officials are going to miss calls. What we saw on that video was a closeup view of the net area, and I wasn't able to clearly see where the officials field position was. Let's not turn this into anything more than it needs to be.

We've seen teams win and lose critical games in almost every sport at some point or another.
    But there's a difference between a simple blown call and intentional cheating that's not caught. That hand ball was clearly intentional. Henry is a cheat.

Additionally, the referee has linesmen whose duty it is to cover plays by the goal line, and on the side lines.

The blown call is a shame, the cheating is disgusting and dishonorable.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, blown calls happen all the time....in all sports. Hopefully, that's was this is.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The result is final, no re-match. Very sad for Ireland. The cruel world of sports sometimes!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Part of me feels pity. You shouldn't lose a chance to a World Cup bid on something like that. From the angle I could completely understand how the ref could have missed it. He could have asked the linesman, but he didn't. Really, a very similar play became the infamous "hand of God" goal.

Part of me wants to tell the Irish to suck it up. Ireland lost 2-0 on aggregate. You want to advance? How about scoring a goal! If you don't put the ball in the back of the net at all, you can hardly complain.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Henry said: "There is little more I can do apart from admit that the ball had contact with my hand leading up to our equalising goal."

"Naturally, I feel embarrassed at the way that we won and feel extremely sorry for the Irish who definitely deserve to be in South Africa," he said.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Part of me feels pity. You shouldn't lose a chance to a World Cup bid on something like that. From the angle I could completely understand how the ref could have missed it. He could have asked the linesman, but he didn't. Really, a very similar play became the infamous "hand of God" goal.

Part of me wants to tell the Irish to suck it up. Ireland lost 2-0 on aggregate. You want to advance? How about scoring a goal! If you don't put the ball in the back of the net at all, you can hardly complain.

Ireland were winning 1-0 at the time ( and were the better team on the night) The agregate score was 1-1. This goal made it 2-1 to France, it was late in extra time so we really had very little time to come back.
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad thinks the Murphy irish part of me , no justice here..

Here s another famous controversy goal ..

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Ireland were winning 1-0 at the time ( and were the better team on the night) The agregate score was 1-1. This goal made it 2-1 to France, it was late in extra time so we really had very little time to come back.
    Mea culpa. That's what I get for trusting a conversation I heard elsewhere. This much is for sure, Domenech needs to have a big bucket of shut the **** up. I can't believe he keeps droning on about how he can't understand why people might be upset with Henry. I'm not surprised that FIFA decided not to do anything. That's pretty much their stock answer.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Too bad thinks the Murphy irish part of me , no justice here..

Here s another famous controversy goal ..

Don't need to watch, have seen it many times.

Maradona is a lousy cheat too.

Both hand balls were intentional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

let's just enjoy ireland's goal... Excellent pass and move football
    - Lev