Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Got 2 more Olympus quality camera lenses 50mm F/2.0 macro + 14-54

Thread: Got 2 more Olympus quality camera lenses 50mm F/2.0 macro + 14-54

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got 2 more Olympus quality camera lenses 50mm F/2.0 macro + 14-54

Actually I have 3 ones purchased the last couple of months, and I really like them!

I have a 70-300 mm telezoom, I like it a lot.
    I recently got a 50mm f2.0 macro, and I LOVE it! It's fantastico.
    Then today, I got a 14-54 2.8-3.5mm general zoom, and I haven't had time to play with it.

Here's a photo of our dog Bamse, taken with the 50mm f2 macro lens. Incredible sharpness with this lens. It's bright and works wonders in low light situations too.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats a fantastic photo Robert!

My wife bought a new camera last week, a Nikon 3000D with a Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.4-5.6G ED II lens. Excellent photos from that one too...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I am very happy with this lens, and it is clear to me a person does not have to go with Nikon or Canon in order to get fantastic photos.

Here is one of our 6 year-old sweetheart Amalia.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are all well regarded lenses, Robert. The 50f2 is a class leader, the 14-54 is a lovely general purpose zoom and a real step up from the kit lens. The 70-300 is good but you might want to consider a body with image stabilisation to get the best out of that one.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark, yes I am considering getting the E-620 which looks awesome. Its swivel viewfinder would be great for interesting shots with the camera at ground level... and from what I have read, it's is a vastly improved camera overall, especially compared to the E-4xx cameras.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks Mark, yes I am considering getting the E-620 which looks awesome. Its swivel viewfinder would be great for interesting shots with the camera at ground level... and from what I have read, it's is a vastly improved camera overall, especially compared to the E-4xx cameras.
    It gains about two stops of dynamic range and about one stop of noise performance according to the pixel peepers. Live View is pretty slow, personally I find it unusable in my e-520 but then I'm used to viewfinders. Built in IS is the killer app though. The photo below was shot at 1/10s with a 200mm equiv. focal length, almost five stops slower than recommended.

Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience