Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Is this Jeff Beck 's stolen Gibson LP59

Thread: Is this Jeff Beck 's stolen Gibson LP59

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this Jeff Beck 's stolen Gibson LP59

Here is what i ve found on Jeff Beck blog ..
    True or not this is an interesting story..

Submitted by jeffbeckistheshiznit on 20.Nov.2009 07:49

Hey Jeff, I know you probably don't need to hear it from me but you are the BEST guitarist off all time, I'm 23 and have been collecting live shows since i was about 11, my name is Ike and there is a website with a lot of your hard to find shows.. ( if you ever for any reason needed a copy of anything i have, by all means contact me)

THE reason im writing in your blog is because i understand your '58 or '59 Gibson Les Paul standard was stolen in Detriot , MI after your last Jeff Beck Group show 7/26/69. Although you probably wont believe it, on mylespaul.com, your guitar has surfaced and someone in Arizona HAS your guitar.. I dont believe anyone realizes the guitar was stolen but there are pictures at

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/vint...me-guitar.html

I compared the flametop to various pictures of you playing in late 68-early to mid '69 and i must say it IS the same guitar. You might want to get ahold of this guy or have someone do an IP check to get of hold of him if at all necessary. You deserve your guitar back and i felt i must write you this meesage. Hope you read this and GOD BLESS the most innovative, inspiring guitarist of all time. Your biggest fan, Ike

Look similar, but, humm ??
    Gorgeous guitar anyway..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty cool. I keep searching for my Ibanez Artist that was stolen. I'd love to find it. I wonder if there is a time limit on stolen items?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The flame pattern is damn close. It really could be. I would like to hear if it is.

7 years is the limitation on prosecuting the thief I believe. Recovering it, I believe is unlimited as long as you can prove it was yours.
    -- Joe --
    Guitars:
    Gibson: '08 Longhorn DC HS
    Martin: '09 OM-1
    Ovation: '07 Elite-T 1868T; '95 Celebrity Deluxe CC257; '95 Balladeer 1751 12-string
    Fender: '91 Stratocaster Plus; '69 Mustang Competition; '08 Squier Telecaster CV50
    Other: '77 Bradley Les Paul Custom; '03 Michael Kelly Patriot Q
    Bass: '08 Dean EABC
    Effects:
    MXR Dyna Comp; Dunlop Crybaby; DOD TR3R; Ibanez MT10; Rockman Soloist
    Amps:
    Genz Benz Shenandoah Jr.; Peavey Studio Pro 110; Tascam MP-GT1

Post Thanks / Like

If it is the Beck LP, I can claim the distinction of having been in the same room with it on July 2, 1969 when the Jeff Beck Group (w/ Rod Stewart on vocals) appeared at the Aerodrome (long since defunct) here in Schenectady, NY. Nice guitar!! Can't imagine what it would be worth, since '59 LP's without this kind of pedigree go for $250K and up....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!