Thread: Wah pedals demo with clean tone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wah pedals demo with clean tone

A comparison of the Dunlop Crybaby, EVH Crybaby, Fulltone Clyde Wah, and Digitech EX-7 with 2 wah models (Crybaby and Vox McCoy). Using a Marshall JVM 410H on the Clean channel, Orange mode.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

So which one did you like best? The Crybaby model on the EX-7 seemed a bit dull in comparison but the Clyde model sounded really good, I thought.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I'll upload another one tonight with distortion. I am going to have you guys wait, and in the mean time guess, regarding which pedal is my pick...
    Which one do you think gets my vote, and also ends up in my arsenal of pedals?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    So which one did you like best? The Crybaby model on the EX-7 seemed a bit dull in comparison but the Clyde model sounded really good, I thought.
    The top end and Q are adjustable on the EX7. It can sound a lot different than it does in the video. Plus, the output is adjustable. It's my favorite because it's quiet and versatile.

I think Robert likes the EVH because it has the most pronounced vowel sound...and runners like vowels. Eeiii, owww, ugh, ewww etc.

The EVH and Clyde are making a lot of mechanical noise. Sup? You should also raise the saddle on your low E string.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    The EVH and Clyde are making a lot of mechanical noise. Sup?
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The EVH in particular seemed rather clanky.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Mechanical noise? I don't hear any mechanical noise coming through the amp - maybe you are referring to what the camera mic picks up acoustically so to speak? Please keep in mind I am playing at very low volume too on the amp.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the camera is picking up mechanical noise from the EVH and Clyde. The other pedals are silent in this regard. This could be quite distracting to coffeehouse crowds.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Mechanical noise? I don't hear any mechanical noise coming through the amp - maybe you are referring to what the camera mic picks up acoustically so to speak? Please keep in mind I am playing at very low volume too on the amp.
    I think they're hearing the switch clicking when the pedal touches it during toe-down (but not enough force to fully engage the switch). That is common, but rarely heard over an amp unless it is played with low volume, like during your demo. Not a big deal.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2