Thread: Xavier XV 500

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Xavier XV 500

Xavier XV 500 in Lemon Drop arrived at my house and I checked it out.

High action that could not be lowered and I returned it and reordered the white xv500 and asked for one with a low non buzzing action, if this will do any good.

Observations:

I REALLY liked the guitar, color, feel, feel of fretboard was like silk, nick was thin almost stratlike. The tone was really great with the GFS crunchy PAT's. The neck pup was incredible as well as the middle switch position and the bridge was adequate.

I will be interested to see if the white one will be any better, overall. For two hundred dollars how much can you expect?

I had high expectations and was surprised that the neck could not be brought into nice low action without super excessive buzzing. I wonder if the neck was twisted. I have heard reports of some necks twisting and the twist getting worse as the wood dries so I didn't take any chances and sent it back right away and ordered the white one. White should be alright. I love my white strat.

I didn't get time to post pictures because I had to make it to the UPS depot on Friday night before it closed.

I will review the white one and post pictures if it is an adequate guitar, otherwise it too will be going back.

Anyone else have problems with Xaviers coming to them with uncorrectable problems?
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

You MUST have gotten a bad neck on the first one. I have an XV-510 Lemon drop that has a really low action with zero fret buzz or other issues.

The honeymoon period is long over, and I still find it to be a great, low cost LP copy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New white one

Yesterday my new white xv500 shipped n I'm looking forward to it. Has chrome covered HBs n cream binding.

Ilike my all white strat so I might like this one as well.

Anyone have a white xv500?
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    Yesterday my new white xv500 shipped n I'm looking forward to it. Has chrome covered HBs n cream binding.

Ilike my all white strat so I might like this one as well.

Anyone have a white xv500?
    I have an XV-900 (ES-335 copy). I know it's not the same, but I thought I'd offer my experience.

I don't like it as much as the Agile LP copy I have...yet. There were some intonation problems and the action was a little high. I just brought it in for a setup. I have high hopes for it, as I like the guitar otherwise.

Fretboard seems good, tone is OK (haven't cranked it much yet), tuners are better than expected. Quality is very good, no flaws that I've noticed.

I hope your lives up to your expectations. Xavieres are supposed to be quite good for the money, and I love me some LP guitars, so the odds are in your favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Received

Got the White xv500 and it is great with a straight neck with proper set up. Raised the pups and it is great sounding, feeling and looking with the chrome covered fat pats.

The neck pup tone is fabulous, smooth, strong and clear; blended the two HBs sound smooth and chimey; and in the bridge position the pup sounds clear, clean and hot.

Drives the Crate V thirty two tube amp very well on clean and distortion alike, with a super great sounding distortion channel and a pure clean channel.

The top is AT LEAST three quarters of an inch thick in solid maple over the mahogany body. It is heavy. I had the bridge pup out and examined the rout and directly observed the maple cap. The wiring was outstanding and heavy duty. Shielding was good.

New strings, regular slinky tens brought a different tone to the guitar and removed the tinny sound of the stock strings which were mildly corroded.

The fit and finish is great with no complaints at all. The guitar is heavy. I have not weighed it, and it is a thick body.

It is a joy to play and has three distinctly different switch tones that are really useable. This guitar was worth sending the other one back and the wait. I am very happy with it and the white color is way better looking than I had anticipated. Very nice guitar to play and I would agree that it looks, feels and sounds as good as guitars costing several hundred dollars more, without doubt. Maybe I am lucky, but it is a very solid, nice guitar that is very rewarding to own.

It rests amoung my best guitars and is about to be picked back up and will be playing me to sleep thru the Palamino V thirty two.

I will take some pics maybe tomorrow and post them. Definitely a sharp looking guitar.

I need to set up my rig to record some sound clips; get my Lexicon installed on this computer, Omega, and load up the Acid and hook up the RP three fifty. Hopefully I can find the Sony Acid disk. Shouldn't be a problem but I did recently move in with my fiance and things are actually more organized. My playing is also developed more so that I can lay down some clips that will sound hopefully acceptable to the rest of you. Pictures for sure, soon.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.