Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Axis of Awesome 4 Chords - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Axis of Awesome 4 Chords

Post Thanks / Like

Always wondered, never asked: is the vi in lower case to indicate that it's minor? If so, what do you do with the VII since it's actually diminished? You could "wing it" a bit with a minor, though, I suppose.
    Right, the lower case is minor. For the dim seventh, you'd write viiº. In many contexts if you want the seventh in the bass it's more common to use a V chord in first inversion instead (e.g. A/C# in the key of D), depending on how you want to resolve it.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I love that one too David! Cracks me up that you can find something similar to that chord structure in so many songs. And Tig, I love that shirt. If anyone runs across where to get one, let me know. I think I might need one.
    Btw, that shirt is similar to a design that dates from c. '76-'77 in the UK, from the birth of the punk movement/DIY mindset. The drawing is often (mis-)credited to the UK punk fanzine 'Sniffin' Glue.' The illustration featured drawings of three chord shapes, captioned, "this is a chord, this is another, this is a third. Now form a band." This drawing actually originally appeared in another fanzine, 'Sideburns,' and was later reproduced in the Stranglers fanzine 'Strangled.'

The shirt pictured can be bought in the UK, here:

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/g_c_d_now_st...58442419789251

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig

Edit: Forgot to post this shirt:

Concept ripped off from a British punk fanzine circa 1977. Fits the theme of this discussion nicely
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So if this is so common, how come Coldplay settled with Satriani out of court?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    So if this is so common, how come Coldplay settled with Satriani out of court?
    Per this youtube vid:
    Coldplay was the 3rd to plagiarize the song. Satriani was the 2nd to do so. Enanitos Verdes was the 1st... The original song was by Cat Stevens.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

The eventual zombie invasion will take care of it all.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    The eventual zombie invasion will take care of it all.
    I thought Coldplay WERE zombies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12