Thread: Epi Emperor Regent

Post Thanks / Like

Question Epi Emperor Regent

Anyone ever play one?Any Thoughts?Just G.A.S.in. Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Default While not an Emporer, but...

...I did own a wonderful Zephyr Regent that was constructed much like the high end jazz boxes back in the day. It had no interior bracing, just a completely hollow box, in the style of a 175, and a single HB PU at the neck.
    Great guitar, period.
    I sold it for $300 out of sheer destitution. It got me out of a hole, but I'm looking to get another. They can be had for under $400.

Heard the Joe Pass and other similar Epi boxes are pretty dang good too. If Duke Robilard is willing to road gig with them, they must have enuf of the goods. And I think he uses the Emporer as a main.

Post Thanks / Like

sumi, the Epi Emperor Regent is a fine guitar! Was listed as one of the "100 Best Buys" in Guitar Player, Nov 1997...(although at that time they were prob made in Korea - now made in China, I believe).

I just happen to have the latest Epi catalog in front of me, and msteeln had it pretty close. Robillard uses the Epi Broadway, which is the Emperor Regent w two full-size humbuckers, two vol/tone pots and 3-way selector switch.
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys there is a local guy here with a alot of epi's,7 that he is unloading,nice condition so he wants the money but nice choices the dot to the joe pass and inbetween.G.A.S. Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I've played a Joe Pass model Emporer. Was a really nice guitar.