Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My latest acoustic, Emerald Opus X30

Thread: My latest acoustic, Emerald Opus X30

Post Thanks / Like

Default My latest acoustic, Emerald Opus X30

New guy looking around for threads that i can contribute in...and well don't find that many right now . So i figured i'd share some info about my latest acoustic seeing as it's from a brand not that usual and might be of some interest to others to see and hear about.

Emerald Opus X30

Body Construction: One piece carbon (graphite) body and neck.

Fingerboard: Carbon-fibre with stainless steel frets

Detailing: Graphtech nut, saddle and bridge pins. Sound holes on the side. Solid silver emblem on the head.

Tuners: Sperzel locking

Electronics:LR-Baggs preamp and LB-6 transducer. LR Baggs Deluxe Acoustic Equaliser

Story behind it:
    Well i found out about this company 3 or 4 years ago, back then they didn't have prices on the homepage so i emailed and asked. Turned out to be abit more than i was willing to pay for a guitar i never had tried or heard.

But the owner who i was in contact with still sent me a package with full information about the guitars and a cd by one of the endorsers. The past year they been sending out newsletters and even personal emails from the owner with info about new custom guitars etc.

the latest email i got included a note that a distributor of theirs hadn't been doing his job properly and was now out of the loop. All the guitar he had were back at the factory and was going to be sold out at discount.

Eager to strike a deal i emailed Alistair, the owner, within a hour telling that I'll buy that red Opus X30. Can't believe i did that really. it goes against everything i stand by when it comes to picking out a acoustic guitar, the main pillar of my way of picking out a acoustic is play the actuall guitar first. i've never even played one of this brand before. But i did get a 35% discount and THAT goes along with everything i stand for when it comes to making business so i'm ok.

Oh how the guitar is?

I love it!
    Very well balanced sound, very full. Certainly sounds abit different from wood guitars but different doesn't equal bad, this is a great guitar that i feel at home with. This guitar is really me, it's just perfect for me.

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

nice lookin guitar. so what are the benefits of the carbon fibre? is it for better sustain?
    Guitars: Fender Telecaster MIJ :: Fender Stratocaster MIJ :: Gibson SG Special Faded :: Washburn Acoustic D10 :: Martin Arts & Craft :: Little Martin Acoustic LXK2 :: Musicman Stingray Bass
    Amps: VOX ad50vt
    Pedals: BOSS digital delay :: BOSS DS1 :: MXR overdrive :: CryBaby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by f1point7
    nice lookin guitar. so what are the benefits of the carbon fibre? is it for better sustain?
    That is a sweet looking guitar! Carbon fibre and composite bodies are supposed to be less affected by temperature and humidity. Plus they "supposedly" transfer more consistant energy to the soundboard. It's also stonger than wood and requires less bracing, so the soundboard has a larger surface area to resonate.

Or so I've heard

I've seen/heard Rainsong carbon fibre guitars and they do have a unique "brightness" to their tone. Not bad, just different. Would work well in a live gig I think.

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Yep what Trev said, it's very durable. And it has a different tone, which could be viewed as either a benifit or a drawback depending on what you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, very cool/different acoustic carlstrom. I've never heard of carbon being used as a body material. I would bet it has a very different sound, which is always cool. And of course it would be much more resilient to temp/humidity changes. Sweet!
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas
    Wow, very cool/different acoustic carlstrom. I've never heard of carbon being used as a body material. I would bet it has a very different sound, which is always cool. And of course it would be much more resilient to temp/humidity changes. Sweet!
    Check THIS out. Rainsong is the big dog in carbon body guitars on this side of the big pond. They certainly do sound different, in the same way that an ovation sounds different from an all wood guitar - but not the same as an ovation either.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty impressive. I've heard of rainsongs before, just thought they were some kind of regular acoustics. Guess I was wrong
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7