Thread: For the Beatle fan

Post Thanks / Like

Default For the Beatle fan

I received the following email through a board I subscribe to:

listen here

Here, There and Everywhere: Chapter One Is Live at TheBeatles.com

: Chapter One of this radio series features exclusive new interviews with Brian Wilson, Tom Petty, director Cameron Crowe, Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart), Dave Grohl, Mark Ronson and Slash, as they reveal the influence of The Beatles on their careers...

: The programme is being streamed at thebeatles.com - click here to listen.

: Written and produced by Kevin Howlett and presented by Paul Gambaccini, each of the three 48-minute installments of The Beatles: Here, There And Everywhere take a different thematic approach. We will be uploading the next two chapters of the series over the next two weeks.
    : beatles.com

: This week, Part One: Meet The Beatles!
    : The interviewees recorded exclusively for this series reveal the impact made upon them by The Beatles’ records from throughout their career. We hear Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys, Tom Petty, film director Cameron Crowe and Ann & Nancy Wilson (of Heart) talking about their first-hand experience of The Beatles’ phenomenal 1964 breakthrough in the United States. Dave Grohl, Mark Ronson and Slash discuss the enduring influence of albums such as Rubber Soul, Revolver and Abbey Road.

: Week commencing 7th December, Part Two: Ask Me Why
    : The interviewees focus on the various elements within the group that combined to make The Beatles so musically powerful: their strengths as performers - both instrumentally and vocally - plus the brilliance of John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison as songwriters.

: Week commencing December 15th, Part Three: The Beatles On The Record
    : We hear how The Beatles’ music was captured on record with the help of innovative arrangements and adventurous production by George Martin. Some of today’s leading record producers - Peter Asher, Joe Boyd, T-Bone Burnett, Jeff Lynne, Mark Ronson and Rick Rubin - marvel at the dazzling creativity evident in recordings made more than 40 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't get it to load or play.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I can't get it to load or play.
    If you click on the link a page from TheBeatles.com should load. In the middle of the screen there is a picture of head shots of the Beatles. Along the bottom of the picture are the links to click to play the 3 parts of Chapter 1. I just tried it and it works for me. It's possible that it requires you to install some software in order to play it.

Help you can stream it because it's worth my time to listen to it. And there will be 2 more Chapters after this.

The link is  http://www.thebeatles.com/

Post Thanks / Like

If I click on the links then the portraits go away and nothing further happens. It might be that I have to sign up and sing in?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

You need Flash Player. Grab the latest version, and it should play fine for you.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa