Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Gibson Dusk Tiger

Thread: Gibson Dusk Tiger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson Dusk Tiger

No endorsement between mr.Woods and Gibson here but an effort for a new and futuristic guitar concept from Gibson ..At least , they re tryin..

http://www.gear-vault.com/gibson-dusk-tiger-news/

Speakin of Tiger , here is the latest pic of the couple , smilin..

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a terrible looking guitar, and that thing with Tiger is funny as hell
    Gibson ES 345 TDC
    Gibson ES 225
    Gibson ES 175
    Gibson ES 295
    Gibson ES 350
    Gibson SG
    Fender P Bass 70s
    Fender American Strat Delux
    Fender American Tele
    Alverez Yairi Ani DeFranco
    Fender Twin 65
    Fender Twin 72
    Fender Bassman 70
    Roland JC 120
    Marshall JVM 410 H
    Vintage 30 Stack

Post Thanks / Like

The Dusk Tiger matches the Peavey Wiggy - art deco nightmares.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of the wood, but the chrome scratchplates would hafta go.
    I thought the Dark Fire was much better looking, however.
    The pickups remind me of Les Paul's "recording", low-z Paul.
    So this model replaces the Dark Fire, which replaced the Robot, right?
    I see a lot of potential here, if the technology glitches have been addressed and the build quality is good.
    I see a gigging musician's worst nightmare if not.

(quote from sonicstate)

"The Dark Fire introduced three significant innovations:

•1. The Robot 2 tuning system, which increased both the accuracy and speed of auto tuning.
    •2. Chameleon Tone Technology which allowed the guitar to achieve all the classic guitar tones, with 7 classic tones immediately available.
    •3. The first guitar that came as a complete system to harness the power of a computer recording environment, as well as computerized live settings"
    and then...........

"MAKE IT SIMPLE – NEW EASE OF USE

The Dusk Tiger takes this control scheme and makes it even easier and more intuitive to use while adding more tones and tunings.

•An additional bank of tuning presents
    •An additional bank of tone presets
    The Dusk Tiger will eliminate the break out box. When not using the RIP computer interface, the guitar will simply work without the need to think about two channels, turning on pickups manually, or even charging. All controls on the guitar and pickups will simply be on when the guitar is turned on. The guitar will remember exactly where you were when you turned the guitar off (or it turned off due to inactivity to save your battery life).

The software for how the Master Control Know (MCK) works has been refined making accessing tones and tuning presents much quicker, easier and more intuitive. You will wonder how you got along without access to these many many creative options on stage or in the studio. Guitar players should not need manuals."

Now, I'm a guitar-pedals-amph type of guy, and I don't envision owning one of these. Even with the switchable lo-to-high impedance + piezo pickups, the mono/stereo/hexaphonic output, and all the computer programmability possibilities, I'm just not intrigued or interested enough to lay out close to $3K for one of these.
    I'll bet they sell out fast, though, and I'll give Gibson credit for trying something different. Hey, it's not a reverse flying V or a Hendrix Gibby Strat, y'know?
    Last edited by oldguy; December 6th, 2009 at 02:57 PM.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Phooey!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a thing on there that I like - well, then again, maybe the strings.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

If it sounds good, I'd play it. I reckon it screams "I'm here to play the Blues"

I kinda dig the fact that it looks old school, but has all the new school tech bits in it. Kinda like I'd be if I could get the bionics working right.....

This bit made me giggle though..

"The guitar will remember exactly where you were when you turned the guitar off (or it turned off due to inactivity to save your battery life)."

Umm, I have 3 guitars and a bass and they ALL remember exactly how they were when I put them down, and they don't even have batteries!!