Thread: Concert tales and tails.

Myles Guest

Default Concert tales and tails.

I saw Nine Inch Nails at Rexall last night. It was pretty amazing although a delay because the barrier between the floor and the stage got breached kinda killed the mood for the ending.

Queens of the Stone Age did a great job of warming things up as well.

What concerts have you guys seen lately?

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a cool concert. Last concert my daughter and I saw was Green Day. Cool to see someone playing Les Paul Jr.s on stage. Sounded good. Next concert date is Trans Siberian Orchestra in December. That should be pretty cool.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I went to see Audioslave last Sat. at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul, MN. Totally UNBELIEVABLE show! Opening bands were 30 Seconds to Mars & Seether - both were quality hard rock acts. The "Roy" is a small-ish venue with OK acoustics, but that didn't matter because Audioslave was totally "on"!! Wouldn't have mattered if they'd have played in a parking ramp. The solo acoustic set with Chris Cornell doing old Soundgarden songs was also a treat. And Tom Morello is a monster on the guitar. If you're not currently listening to this band - - you should be!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I have heard about Tom Morello, but actually never heard him play. I'll check out that band.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

took my 9 year old son to see buddy guy last night at house of blues orlando. what a showman. there was an 11-12 year kid standing in the front row below the stage and buddy had him come on stage and play his (buddy's guitar!)

after the show buddy stayed around and signed autographs for everyone that wanted one. He signed anything and everything. My son wanted his shirt signed and buddy was having a hard time reaching him so buddy had my son sit on the table so he could sign it!

my son was in heaven!!

ww