Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New toy arrived; A-B-Y Compensator

Thread: New toy arrived; A-B-Y Compensator

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New toy arrived; A-B-Y Compensator

Just got this nice package in the mail. I bought it on eBay recently. I was looking for a way to switch between 2 amps, so I decided to try this one. It was only 60 bucks.

It has 1 input and 2 outputs, with the ability to switch between the two PLUS a slide switch that turns on both outputs.

I have not tried it yet, but I will probably test it out in a few hours!

Oh, and I am impressed that it came with a pick, a nice soft pouch for the pedal, and CD with a manual in PDF format. Great!

More info can be found at Guitar Fuel's page for this unit - http://guitarfuel.com/Compensator_Booster.php

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

What about the reverse? I'd like to take two inputs (guitar+mp3 or two
    guitars) and mix them into a single output. Do you know of anything
    that does this in the same price range?

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about the reverse.

I just tried this thing, and it works great! Wow, this is gonna be fun! I can play 2 amphs at the same time, or switch between 2 amps. Can come in handy when demoing gear!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

After more testing, I am really digging playing 2 amphs at once. This is the first time I've ever done this. I have the Mack GEM and my Hellhound in my office right now, and playing them both at the same time gives be a BIG sound! I might want to try this at a gig some time too, with my bigger amps.

I guess I'll need to get another cab! I only have my 2x12 Avatar cab.

This pedal has a gain knob too, so it's possible to "heat up" the signal quite a bit before it hits the amp.

I would definitely recommend this pedal. A good deal for this price!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Wow, this is gonna be fun! I can play 2 amphs at the same time or switch between 2 amps.
    Man, this sounds like a recipe for spontaneous self-combustion. Proceed with caution!

Looks like a cool switcher, especially for the money.