Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
It's that time of year again... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's that time of year again...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    That's it - anyone from Florida is banned from this thread! You are not allowed to even speak about cool weather.

Have pity on us poor icicles up in the True North!

]

I don't know how the heck you do that.....living way up North and freezing your butt off to go outside.....all the special things you have to do to the car, etc. Dude, better you all than me, is all I have to say.

I remember all too well, the Great Freeze of either 1980 or 1981, when it didn't get much above 5' F for a week or so. The Delaware River froze over (it's about 1 mile wide).

Yes, to you Canucks and Swedes, 5 above 0 F is child's play....but to US, it was freakin' ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

-50 in Edmonton yesterday. Coldest on record from what I hear. Stay warm Robert. We can't have those veins freezing now. The spring thaw would flood the province.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunday marked the coldest Dec. 13 in Edmonton’s history.

Environment Canada recorded a frigid -46.1 C, or -58.4 with wind chill, at the Edmonton International Airport at 5 a.m., Environment Canada meteorologist Pierre Lessard said.

The old record of -36.1 C was set last year, he said.

“To break a temperature by 10 degrees is very exceptional,” said Lessard.

A ridge of frigid Arctic air has hit all the prairie provinces this weekend, causing record-low temperatures in many parts of northern Alberta, Lessard said.

Read more: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...#ixzz0Zhet9zTJ
    The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.
    Brr.

Those numbers are in Celsius. -46.1 C is -51 F, and -58.4 C is -73.12 F.

Please, bring on that Global Warming already!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's COLD!!!I was complaining here last week when we had -10f at night and 6+f during the day.All I can say is hang in there cause 30%f feels warm now!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

What's normal for you guys this time of year?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    What's normal for you guys this time of year?
    Not sure where I can find that kind of info, but I'm going to guess -10 to -15 Celsius.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Me: Basking in a lovely 42F today.
    You:

From my good friends at Accuweather.

Yesterday, 12/13/2009 in CAMROSE, AB
    High Temperature:
    Actual: -33°C
    Average: -5°C
    Record: 9°C in 1997
    Low Temperature:
    Actual: -46°C
    Average: -16°C
    Record: -46°C in 2009
    Precipitation:
    Actual: 0.00

Post Thanks / Like

http://text.weatheroffice.gc.ca/fore...y_e.html?ab-18

So -5C / 23F

That average isn't a ton colder than here. Average for today is 29F. We're going to be well below that (~9F) today because of those clippers you Albertans keep sending our way.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    That's it - anyone from Florida is banned from this thread! You are not allowed to even speak about cool weather.

Have pity on us poor icicles up in the True North!

Yikes.

As a kid, I did live in central Illinois a couple times, both times living in old wooden homes with not the best heating systems, and of course it does snow and get cold there.

But that was a long time ago.

Mojo to all you frostsicles!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12