Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rabid Rodent - I've got the best LP tone in the world!

Thread: Rabid Rodent - I've got the best LP tone in the world!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rabid Rodent - I've got the best LP tone in the world!

Made you look!

Well, I think it's a great LP tone. It's DVM's Rabid Rodent, my GEM from www.mackamps.com and my Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow. Super low volume on this 4 watt amp, but when the Rabid Rodent enters the show, all jaws fall down... I think this sounds seriously good. Imagine if I added some delay.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Thanks / Like

SWEETNESS!! Amazing tones coming out of that little amp, courtesy of the Rodent! Thanks for recording & posting, RR!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Not too shabby for a middle-aged veiny guy with a ten inch speaker...............

(sounds great, Robert!)
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, imagine if it was a 4 x 12 cab played by a teenager with hair left and hidden veins...

But seriously, a bigger cabinet and speaker would make quite a difference in the "bigness" of the tone.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't pretend to be a recording dude (that'd be Spud), but I've been experimenting with my Valve Jr. head, and my Jet City 20w head, and through a 4x12 cab (Epi SoCal w/ Lady Luck speakers) a little amph can sound huge and awesome. The problem I have every single time is getting that sound recorded so it sounds the same as it does in my house.
    I'd bet a 4x12 and a touch of delay would make that rig sound huge, Robert. It's already big, even through computer speakers. It probably sounds a lot better in your room than we can imagine............
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man I wonder how that would sound on my amp, I really like that! Nice job Robert!!

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds really really nice.
    But I was a bit confused when it said "Rodent Feces".
    I thought, "what an F'd up name for a pedal."
    It was the Google popup ad on the bottom of the window.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Oh man I wonder how that would sound on my amp, I really like that! Nice job Robert!!
    It'll sound great! It is so adaptable, you are bound to find something you like. Long live the Rodent!

P.S. Thanks for putting up your great playing to show what this thing does Robert! You were rocking!
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; December 15th, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Rats! Sweet tones coming out of that pedal!

DVM should add a Rabies switch as well!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! It's a such a great pedal, I can't believe how good this sucker is. Amazing.

Yeah, a Rabies switch must come in the next version, huh DVM?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice playing Robert. Damn, that GEM sure sounds sweet. I'm getting the Combo for X-mas. Can't wait.

BTW, the Rabid Rodent sounds really good. Gonna get me one of those too. Nice noodlin' around there. Of course, with as COLD as it is in Alberta, what else can you do?

Post Thanks / Like

People are obviously listening to this demo, 'cuz I'm starting to get Rabid Rodent inquiries!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Huh, more inquiries than when I put up my little demos? I wonder why that is?

Seriously nice demo Robert. Inspires me to take it out of overdrive mode with the strat, and fire it up to rock with the Hagstrom! I need to learn me some of those riffs!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hah, well blame it on the cold weather in Alberta! All I could do was to cuddle up with my guitars and this gerbil and noodle around to keep warm! Glad you like the video. I was stunned at how good the tone is, when I listened back at the video. I mean, it's played at really low volume, but you wouldn't think so if you didn't hear the acoustic sound from my strings now and then on the video (since I was sitting close to the microphone).

Hope you sell lots of the Mouth Foaming Hamster, DVM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent tone, I love the amount of control you have with that pedal, great work DVM & Robert!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    All I could do was to cuddle up with my guitars and this gerbil and noodle around to keep warm! !

Careful there Mr. Veins, CAREFUL. You have to watch that "gerbil" comment. Oh boy...oh boy...oh boy. People who lived around Philly way back in the early 80's when Jerry Penacoli (now on ET Tonite) was a hot-shot NBC news anchor may all too well remember the allegations about Jerry, a gerbil and a hospital ER.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Huh, more inquiries than when I put up my little demos?
    Hey, I could knock the inquiries down if I demoed the pedal with my playing, if ya need some time off!

Great demo by Robert. I absolutely love my Mouse 2 pedal.

Too bad I somehow zapped my EVJ head this week when modding R1 and C4. Powers on, but no signal out. I've T/S'ed it, but can't find the problem. The EL84 tube glows, but I don't think the 12AX7 gets all the juice it needs since it barely glows. I'll keep digging. I already restored R1 to original spec's.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I ve used the ''Ruetz mod'' pushin my amph to make the Lapsteel (part) scream here on this song i ve recorded with my son ...
    This is the music track, no lead singing..

The R. Rodent is definitely versatile & a great pedal..

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7281274

Last edited by Blaze; December 18th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(