Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
My SX DG 50CE acoustic just arrived

Thread: My SX DG 50CE acoustic just arrived

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My SX DG 50CE acoustic just arrived

Wow, it is awesome. I haven't plugged it in yet, but the first 5 minutes of playing it acoustically tells me this guitar is one fine instrument! The quality seems much better than the SX strat I got.

The sounds is clear and big. Can't believe it sells for so cheap.

Neck is supereasy to play, and no buzzing. Intonation very good too. The finish is impressive.

Unless it sounds like garbage when I plug it in, this one's a winner.

Pics, videos, etc to come later.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow! That guitar has rosewood back and sides. That is an incredible price!!

Please play the heck out of it before you give us a review. If you find that it is really good with no problems then I'm going to get one for sure.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

So thats what you spend your free shipping on? Sounds like a great guitar!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am very excited to play it. I figured it would be a good thing to spend the free shipping on.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't talk you into a Washburn, eh?

Looks pretty sweet for the price. I see that it comes with D'addario EXP16's from the factory. Let me know what you think of them - they are my favorite acoustic strings.

Can't wait to hear it!

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Robert,

Can you tell me if it has a truss rod? And if it does is it adjustable? I did not see it mentioned in the ad or I could not see if there was one in the picture.

Thanks Robert. Can't wait to hear it, I may order one as soon as possible.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it has a truss rod. Upon closer inspection, I see the frets and the fretboard are litte rough, but it still plays very good. I can fix up those little details myself anyway. It developed a little buzz on the frets the day after I got it, so I tightened the truss rod just a little and the buzz is gone. It is truly a good instrument for such a low cost.

The strings sound great to me Trev, but I am no expert on acoustic guitar strings.

It sounds just as good (or better) and plays better than many 400-600 dollar guitars I've been testing in music stores!

Here are some photos - http://picasaweb.google.com/robert.r...AcousticGuitar

And an SX acoustic guitar video clip!
    Last edited by Robert; September 12th, 2006 at 11:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! Sounds good! Plays good! Cheap! WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE???

Nice acquisition, Robert!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

now that certainly seems to be very good value for money.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh I like it! Great playing Robert and thank you for the info it sounds very good.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Robert. We'll have to do some "unplugged" jammin' when I come out to Camrose Start studying up on some Willie Nelson
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

wow robert...looks (and sounds) like you got a great deal! You keep buying gear and you're going to have to up the 500 character maximium on our signatures to list them all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, yes my stuff is increasing in size... my wife ask how many of these stupid things I need... I say LOTS OF THEM! Haha!

Trev, I'll be ready for ya!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to hear it plugged in, since it sounds great already. I especially liked the SRV bits, which reminded me of MTV unplugged.