Thread: 50th Anniversary Fender Squier Telecaster !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 50th Anniversary Fender Squier Telecaster !!!

I just saw an ad for a 1997 50th Anniversary Fender Squier Telecaster guitar. Black with maple neck; very good condition... He wants $200(CAN) for it...

I don't know much about Korean Fenders/Squiers, aside from the fact that the Protone series were great guitars...

I want to know: if such a guitar exists (50th Anniversary...) and if it is worth it? (Anniversary or not...)

Post Thanks / Like

The original Esquire, the forerunner of the Tele, was introduced in 1950.
    A 1997 50th anniversary would appear to date the guitar's introduction back to 1947.
    I don't know of such a model, but I'm no expert.
    Welcome to TheFret btw. Drop by the Fretplayer's section when you can, and introduce yourself so we can welcome you properly.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

1996 was the 50th anniversary of the Fender company (if you ignore the inconvenient fact that it's changed hands three times). It's possible some mention was made in literature and some special models. I don't remember any. My late '05 tele has a 60th anniversary button on the headstock. All guitars got them through '06. I expect we'll see these advertised as "special editions" in the future.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked my old Fender Frontline catalogues and there is no mention of any Squiers in then. Only an add inside the front cover for Squier guitars.
    In 1996 they celebrated the 50th Ann. of Fender. So a 1997 50th Anniversary of what? If he has documentation it would be interesting to see.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.