Thread: Testing out Seymour Duncan Little 59 pickup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Testing out Seymour Duncan Little 59 pickup

Just installed Little 59 pickup today. Don't know if I like it yet? It seems to be okay so far.

The video is played at low room volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQ3bpi1KVg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like it still has a Tele twang when you want it, but with plenty of versatility for other tones.

I like the new switch and control configuration.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I have one in my '91 Strat. I'm not really fond of it but always thought it would sound good in a Tele.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good in the video.
    Some nice variety in sounds w/ the pickup+the effects you used.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the PU yet but that is a sweet looking Tele!

How would you stack that lil '59 against a Bareknuckle 'Sinner', if you've tried it?
    Kinda two different critters.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your feedback!

I have not tried the Bareknuckle "Sinner".

I cranked the volume really loud this morning, and stood right in front of the amp with no hum or feedback. It sounds really good at loud tube amp volume. I shielded the entire inside of the guitar with aluminum and used a .047 cap, all new wiring, and 250k pots.

After I ordered it, guys were telling me that it will sound too muddy and it won't clean up. I would probably agree somewhat if it was wired series only. Since I put the other 3 way switch in it, now it cleans up as good as the stock pickup. ( series, split, and parallel )

I was afraid that it would have too much bass or midrange, but the switches allows it to sound really thin or fat. I think it's a keeper for now. Buying pickups is so difficult. Every company says that they have the best, and there are dozens of companies. I just read reviews, order one, and cross my fingers. You never know how one will sound in your guitar and gear until you try it out.