Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iMac ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Hey Sunvalley, I had the same deal, I had to make a change in system preferences, sound, input, select line in rather than built in mic.

Yeah, I did that. Now no sound at all, from iTunes or whatever. Have checked the prefs 3 times, input is set to audio line in, output is on and set to internal speakers. No go.

Worked like a champ on my other iMac (My secretary's) which is the G4 lampshade one with Bose mini speaks. Tried out a bunch of different amp emulations and it was really fun. The iMac duo must have some sort of sound card issue. I have a call in to figure it out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Download cocktail: http://www.maintain.se/cocktail/
    Try to run all maintenance tasks, and disc repairs and see if it helps.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I hearby nominate SuperSwede as our resident Mac "Go-to-Guy", sorry, no funny looking hats or badges though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hearby nominate SuperSwede as our resident Mac "Go-to-Guy", sorry, no funny looking hats or badges though.

Second the nomination. No funny hats, but we can get him a black turtleneck so he can look like Steve Jobs.

I did download that program and ran maintenance. Thanks for that link. Nice to do that maintenance anyway. However, my local mac dealer confirms that it must simply have been a weak sound portion on the motherboard, and he will run diagnostics to confirm, and take care of it under warranty. Meanwhile, I can take a lunch break with my secretary's machine which does work, since she is not here today. Need to get back to the superfuzz and sixties texture settings, maybe also surf, classic rock and arena rock as well. Lots of fun!
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; November 4th, 2006 at 08:47 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Ok

I hope it works out for you.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Ok

I hope it works out for you.
    I dropped it off yesterday eve. the way home and the tech said I should have it back Tues. In the meantime, I spent lunch break time with the older version of Garageband on my secretary's G4 iMac (the lampshade one) It is fun to play with the amp simulations. I am going to search for a GB thread to see if settings, etc. have been discussed. Once I get comfortable, I will probably try to record and post some horrible newbie playing for group comment.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I dropped it off yesterday eve. the way home and the tech said I should have it back Tues. In the meantime, I spent lunch break time with the older version of Garageband on my secretary's G4 iMac (the lampshade one) It is fun to play with the amp simulations. I am going to search for a GB thread to see if settings, etc. have been discussed. Once I get comfortable, I will probably try to record and post some horrible newbie playing for group comment.
    Let me know how it goes Steve, I haven't spent enough time with it to like it or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let me know how it goes Steve, I haven't spent enough time with it to like it or not.

I'll make it a project and post results at some point in the future.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

ok, the suspense was killing me, I tried it out and I liked it. I'll try to post my clip and you guys can throw tomatoes at me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ok, the suspense was killing me, I tried it out and I liked it. I'll try to post my clip and you guys can throw tomatoes at me.

Cool!! That will motivate me to do the same. Have to get my computer (that runs the program and is not being used by my secretary) back from the shop first.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

pm to you Steve ............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12