Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should i get me another guitar?

Post Thanks / Like

Default should i get me another guitar?

well?

I got this acoustic Takamine that i can't get sold, but i could use it to trade in at the musicstore

but....what do i need? I don't like telecasters so that's out of the question, but other than that i'm open for suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlström
    I don't like telecasters so that's out of the question

it would help to know what type of music you want to play.....having said that....les paul

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

What is there exept the strat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Any of the PRS SE series!! Affordable Gems (you may just need to upgrade the tuners on them but apart from that they rock!)

I have a Santana SE which I like alot but I found this demo on youtube of the Singlecut SE. I guess it depends on what kind of tones you are looking for though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hmDn7hL57s
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

oh i play all kinds of stuff, everything except twanging country i guess.

my list of gear is covering most of the stuff i play...well all of the stuff i play. so need isn't really part of the equation here

my gear....
    Acoustic Guitars:
    Emerald Opus X30
    Takamine EF360SCO

Electric Guitars:
    DeArmond T400
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard (modded, only things original are the wood and the frets)
    Godin Artisian ST with Lundgren 60's single coil set
    Hagström Swede -74
    Siggi Braun Custom "the Raven"
    Wendler electroCoustic

Bass Guitars:
    Ibanez Roadstar II RB960
    Yamaha TRB-4P

Amps:
    Guitar Marshall 30th Anniversary head, Randall 2x12 cab
    Guitar Vox Tonelab
    Bass Carvin 15" 100w

Post Thanks / Like

wow....nice collection....not sure but is there a 335 type guitar in that list (i'm not familiar with all of your models)

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the PRS SE series is REALLY a good idea, i'm gonna check those out for sure

Post Thanks / Like

the DeArmond is my thin jazzbox so 335 style is covered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlström
    the DeArmond is my thin jazzbox so 335 style is covered
    ok...cool...just curious....what is it about the tele that you don't like....

ww

Post Thanks / Like

they just feel wrong to me. i guess it's a combination of bodyshape and neckprofile etc.

Post Thanks / Like

you could always shake it up and get a resonator type guitar and experiment with open tunings and playing slide...it's a lot of fun

ww

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm that does sound interesting aswell

Post Thanks / Like

You could totally rock out on a Tele trust me.

I'm with Warren...get a Les Paul.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This post has given me an attack of G.A.S!!

I want one of these!

http://prsguitars.com/showcase/current/sesinglecut.html
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you have a pretty well rounded collection, but here's what I'm thinking:

Fender or Squier Stratocaster: TONS of variety there, in almost any pup combination you could ask for. Accessories and aftermarket parts available everywhere. Don't count out the Squiers. As our esteemed Spudman can tell you, they are of solid quality nowadays, and are easy (and cheap) to modify to your liking. I've played one recently, and it stood out as a great guitar for the price, and I actually liked it better than the MIM Fender I played before as well.

Epiphone LP Goldtop with P90s: Nelskie has one that just looks stunning, and P90s have a sound all their own.

Lev: GAS is way contagious here. Guard your wallet with your life!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the suggestions coming

Post Thanks / Like

Well when it comes to strats i'm not interested in those either. But that's because my Godin is for me the ultimate strat, it just can't get any better than that. So if i were to get a stratstyle guitar i very likely would never play it but only play my godin.

Post Thanks / Like

the PRS SE Single cut is damn tempting.....i just might have to buy one. Gonna try and sell my acoustic for a little bit longer...if it sells i'll buy one of 'em....if it doesn't sell i'll buy one of them and trade the acoustic in.

but since i'm giving it some more time suggestions are still most welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Telecasters.....feel.....wrong!?!?!!?
    And I suppose your mother didn't feel like a mother!?!?!?!?

Ok, just kidding.

Ok....never saw what your price limit was, so.....

Gibson or Epi Firebird
    Gibson or Epi SG
    Rickenbacker...anything.....how bout a 12?

There's always upgrades to other things...
    Do you sing? I recommend the EV ND 767. Blows away a Shure 58 IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast