Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Major Gear Aquisitions for Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up with a Tonelab ST. Lots of fun to be had in this little bugge!!

Post Thanks / Like

An ISP Decimator noise gate pedal, a BBE Orange Squash compressor pedal, a BBE Supa-Power 9v power supply, a General Gadgets reverb pedal kit, and a six pack of short jumper cables to connect these and other pedals to my board. And to add to that a cool Fender Custom Shop calendar for 2010 to hang in my office.

She might not like having to hear them in use, but she sure doesn't mind buying them for me.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Not anything large for Christmas. My folks gave me some cables, and I bought myself an Intellitouch tuner to use primarily in the acoustic side band I'm apparently now in.

However, the understanding at Casa Krashpad is that anything I buy myself during the course of the year I consider a gift from Mrs. K, so that I do not expect Christmas, birthday, etc., gifts. And I got a much larger batch of things this year then I thought I would. This year, I bought 3 basses (Peavey Fury I, Epi Thunderbird, Peavey T-40), one electric (Retro-H 12-string), one acoustic-electric (Esteban), and an acoustic-electric mandolin.

The T-40 (w/ohsc) and 12-string were $275 each (incl'g shipping on the latter), and the other 4 instruments were roughly a hundred bucks each. So I get a total of roughly $950 from those, plus $175 for a Super Champ XD, for a total of $1100+. I did sell about $250 worth of gear, and have a couple small amps on consignment that haven't yet sold, but in 2010 I expect I'll purchase much less. Everything I bought (except for the tuner) was bought used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12