Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Any Major Gear Aquisitions for Christmas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Major Gear Aquisitions for Christmas

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Major Gear Aquisitions for Christmas

With the economy the way it is I was wondering if anyone got any major gear gifts for Christmas? That would include gifts to yourself, or gifts from others.
    There was a lot of product out there but I bet not a lot of buyers.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Martin SPD-16TR was largely a Christmas purchase, using Christmas money in lieu of gifts, along with birthday money also in lieu of gifts, and selling some stuff. So I guess it counts, and it is a major gear acquisition for me for sure!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

My Carvin C350 .

Post Thanks / Like

Turner Model 1, Roland RE-20, and a set of Zoalla cables. All from me to me.

Post Thanks / Like

My birthday is so close to Christmas,I am building another guitar,it's costing me close to eight to build,it's another Warmoth creation I really love my other one,I have some lower end guitars for work (to get dirty,banged around,ect)but when it comes down to it I always reach for my strat or my warmoth tele and this new one will have stainless frets I really like stainless frets,they feel like butter and last along time.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    With the economy the way it is I was wondering if anyone got any major gear gifts for Christmas? That would include gifts to yourself, or gifts from others.
    There was a lot of product out there but I bet not a lot of buyers.
    I'm guessing that a new strap and some hangers don't qualify as a major purchase, correct?

In that case, unfortunately no. I may, however, be purchasing a Crate Powerblock soon if all goes according to plan, which will go a long way toward completing my pedalboard puzzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I was fortunate enough to get a set of ue4's from Ultimate Ears. Most of the times I play, we run through an in ear monitor system and I've been using universal fit single drivers from westone. These ue4's are dual driver's for better bass response and overall clarity and are custom molded to my ears so they have a really solid seal from outside noise. So basically...i'm really really excited to get these in. Christmas presents involving music are always good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Black Squier Custom II with P-90s, that screams "play me!"
    Gift to myself!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Hey you guys did pretty well. I didn't get anything from gear land. I have used up Christmas and Birthday gifts until 2020. The only way I can justify getting any new gear is to sell something. The only problem is that every time I go to sell, I have excuses. Also I have a 3 week trip to the south planned and that will take the equivalent of a decent Les Paul.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

My major acquisitions were this summer when I traded for my DK2M and bought my DVM-made OD2. This Christmas the money I got is going towards a new computer--my first new one since 2002. I suppose it could count as "gear" since I plan on recording with it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well, with my wife having rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders, plus myself having one for cubital tunnel, buying the Jet City 20H was about enough.
    I did get one very nice gift for Christmas that was guitar related though.

Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Well, with my wife having rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders, plus myself having one for cubital tunnel, buying the Jet City 20H was about enough.
    I did get one very nice gift for Christmas that was guitar related though.

That is one thing we don't have to worry about, here in Canada, thank God for universal heath care.
    You know I just remembered I bought a Marshall footswitch to go with my Marshall 100 Mosfet. I guess that counts. Not major though.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Bought myself a Pignose a couple of days after Christmas. Does that count?

Post Thanks / Like

Only peripherally music-related, but I did finally purchase myself a decent soldering station--one of those Hakko 936 stations that Tung recommends. I've only used it briefly on a pedal repair (not one of mine!) that I did for a guy. Now I'm kicking myself for not having gotten one of these ages ago. SWEET!!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the LP CLASSIC PLUS falls into that time frame it was close enough.

I will soon have a couple of new couch guitars straps thanks to the wife.
    I also bought a book of scales.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R.B. Huckleberry
    Bought myself a Pignose a couple of days after Christmas. Does that count?
    As long as it was bought in the spirit of Christmas, and not just GAS.
    I guess we have to take into consideration everyones gear budget is different.
    Yes Maxi I guess that Classic is major, a major Score!
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Only peripherally music-related, but I did finally purchase myself a decent soldering station--one of those Hakko 936 stations that Tung recommends. I've only used it briefly on a pedal repair (not one of mine!) that I did for a guy. Now I'm kicking myself for not having gotten one of these ages ago. SWEET!!!
    Yea, I know how you feel. This is not gear related, but I am doing a reno on my Dad's place and I purchased a table saw. Wow! Great tools can make a job 100 times easier, and way more precise.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Lady Monkus got me an iMac for the home studio after seeing me frustratingly plow through different pc and linux daw's thru 09. Garageband and Logic Express, 4 Gigs Ram. 500 Gig HD. Had to order a bilingual FW cable since the fw on the imac is 800 and my firebox is 400. Got that delivered yesterday and was messing with some software instruments last night. FTW !!!!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xmas Gear

Lets see, I got a Digitech Timebender delay pedal, an Ernie Ball Volume pedal, a Digitech Hardwire Chorus pedal and a Gator Pro-Powered pedal board. Now I have enough toys for at least a................month. 2009 was a good GAS year for me.

ESP 1000 ASB guitar
    Digitech GNX4
    BOSS RV5
    Digitech Screamin' Blues
    M Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast