Thread: My Crafter Moon Light

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Crafter Moon Light

This acoustic was a gift from my girlfriend for my last birthday. It's by far the best gift I've ever received. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of, or knows much about Crafter, but let me say, they make one FINE instrument.

This one is the Moon Light Rose, and was made as a special model for the 30th Anniversary of Crafter. As you can see in the pictures, this is an absolute beauty of a guitar. And I must say, it sounds just as nice as it looks! I actually played this guitar a while before I received it (I guess I talked about it way too much... ) in a local music shop, and was blown away. That same visit I played some high-end Takamines and Martins. I would say the craftsmanship and sound of this Crafter is on par with both of them brands who are known for their great acoustics. It has that beautiful warm sound to it that only a good solid-top acoustic has. The most amazing thing about the Crafters is their price. This model sells for around $600, but I would say it EASILY compares with Martin guitars costing over $1500. Most of the time I play this guitar unplugged, but plugged in it is equally as impressive. The L.R. Baggs pickup is PHENOMINAL. I never thought an acoustic could sound so good plugged in, and I've only ever tried it through the Boutique Clean channel of my Vox. I could only imagine the sound plugged into a good acoustic amp...

Here are some of the specs:
    BODY STYLE Grand Auditorium Cutaway
    TOP Solid Engelmann Spruce
    BACK & SIDES Rosewood
    NECK Mahogany
    FRET BOARD Indian Rosewood
    MACHINE HEADS Deluxe Gold Tuners with Mushroom buttons
    BRIDGE Indian Rosewood
    HARDWARE Gold
    ELECTRONICS New LR-T Pro(Tuner) Preamp with L.R.Baggs Element Pick-up

Attachment 552Attachment 553Attachment 554Attachment 555
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a nice looking acoustic.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

That sure has a lot of fancy detailwork on it
    LR Baggs does make really nice pickups for acoustics.

i know i've played a crafter, funky soundholes on that modell i remember...but i can't for my life remember how it was. gonna have to keep my eyes open for another one to give it a whirl.....not that i'm in the search for a new acoustic but you never know when GAS hits lol

Post Thanks / Like

Very good looking guitar Leonidas. L.R. Baggs pickups really sound good. Definately not the average nasal piezo sound.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009