Thread: Line 6 Pocket Pod battery problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line 6 Pocket Pod battery problems

So, I was wondering if anyone using the line pocket pods have battery problems?

I seem to have 2 - one is that the batteries don't stay in without a wedge, the other is that they run out in about 4 hours.

RC
    Richard Wilkerson | dreamgate.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Pocket Pod, and batteries running out in about 4 hours sounds about right actually. I don't have any problem with them staying in though.

I know 4 hours doesn't seem long, but I have to remind myself that my old zoom 505 would eat a 9V in an hour, and my delay pedal..well, it has a 9V to 18V conversion going on inside that results in it eating a 9v in about 20 minutes max.

In any case, I tend to use mine plugged into one of the Boss 9V supplies to save on batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

Default resigned

The dc is probably the way to go, but I hate to lose the little mobility I had with it. Say, any suggestions about when you amp this device? I've noticed I have to crank the effects to get anything near what Ihear in the headphones.

thanks, RC
    Richard Wilkerson | dreamgate.com

Post Thanks / Like

How about the best of both worlds,The DC and get some rechargeable batteries,good ones.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Pocket POD to play a gig at a nationally televized awards show. I was too lazy to bring gear for 1 song, so I used my shure wireless into the POD. It luckily worked the whole time, but the batteries died in the last 5 seconds of our outro... Good luck ever finding a last minute AC adapter...stupid Line6 and their reversed polarities!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rylanmartin
    ... Good luck ever finding a last minute AC adapter...stupid Line6 and their reversed polarities!!
    Err what? Mine uses the same socket and polarity as all my Boss pedals. I'd say that pretty much makes it "standard" polarity

Quote Originally Posted by rcwilk
    Say, any suggestions about when you amp this device? I've noticed I have to crank the effects to get anything near what Ihear in the headphones.
    Embarrassingly, no I've not quite got around to plugging it into one of my amps yet although I've had it for ages now. I have a bunch of home made pedals I use when "amplified"

I do recall there is a setting though for amp modelling or something that you change based on whether you are going into an amp or headphones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rylanmartin
    I used the Pocket POD to play a gig at a nationally televized awards show. I was too lazy to bring gear for 1 song, so I used my shure wireless into the POD. It luckily worked the whole time, but the batteries died in the last 5 seconds of our outro... Good luck ever finding a last minute AC adapter...stupid Line6 and their reversed polarities!!
    No offense, Rylan, but why would you be too lazy to bring big gear to a nationally televised gig and just trust the batteries in a Line 6?

That is ballsy............................

I have a Pocket Pod, and I think it's a super practice amp. I've never had battery problems with mine. I get about four to six hours from it on fresh batteries.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    Err what? Mine uses the same socket and polarity as all my Boss pedals. I'd say that pretty much makes it "standard" polarity
    I discovered this later...Half of Line6's pedals require their own power supply or some kind of adapter though... I just remember scrambling to find ac adapters that weekend and not finding anything that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    No offense, Rylan, but why would you be too lazy to bring big gear to a nationally televised gig and just trust the batteries in a Line 6?

That is ballsy............................
    You guys need to understand that I'm essentially lazy, and I strongly dislike playing in the band I'm in. We were there to play 1 song, and I didn't want to bring more than my Les Paul guitar case...I brought my Shure wireless unit, and the tiny POD...Did I mention the part about me being lazy?

Conclusion: Pocket POD indeed DOES eat batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the guitar playing in this way because these kinds of music are amazing and awesome and it is a better opportunity for music lovers who want to learn to play guitar! this forum is very helpful in this regards,
    Electric guitars, introduced in the 1930s, rely on an amplifier that can electronically manipulate tone. Early amplified guitars employed a hollow body, but a solid body was found more suitable. Electric guitars have had a continuing profound influence on popular culture. Guitars are recognized as a primary instrument in genres such as blues, bluegrass, country, flamenco, jazz, jota, mariachi, reggae, rock, soul, and many forms of pop.
    A very good firm provides auditing and assurance services, Can You believe it!