Thread: Nexus One - Google Phone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nexus One - Google Phone

So here it is -

http://www.google.com/phone/

What do you think? Looks very similar to the iPhone in many ways, me thinks.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest thing for this phone is that it can be bought independently of a carrier (the iphone is locked to at&t). It also features the 1gb snapdraggon processor (previous android phones haven't had this). Besides all that it's just another android phone.

I just got the droid eris from verizon a few weeks ago. So far I love it. Android offers many of the same features as the iphone. It's definitely nice to have the phone on verizon and not at&t though.

Post Thanks / Like

I am also a Moto Droid user and have been quite happy with it overall.

My understanding is that Android 2.1 will be available soon on the Droid (which comes with Android 2.0), so we'll get some of the interface enhancements that the Nexus has.

I'm also hearing the iPhone will be available on Verizon and at least one other carrier by mid year.

I love all the innovation that's coming out. Excited to see the competition ramp up among the handset makers.

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like

If the good Lord is willing, a Palm Pre will be my next cellphone. First, they have to break free from the Sprint monopoly.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn