Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Must Have in 2010? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Must Have in 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    This year will see a Soloway Swan (N.Y.A.) and a Bruno Cowtipper.
    Those are very interesting Hub,that Swan is a 27 in scale,have you ever played one and how is the string tension,what I mean is is more effort from your fretting hand needed,also which tipper were you looking at they sound SWEET!,those headstrong amphs are nice also. Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    What gear do you want/need/must have this year?
    Honestly, I'm good. No plans to acquire anything. I have 5 basses, which include a Jazz, a Precision, and a couple with dual humbuckers (one of which, a T-40, can split the HB's). Similarly, I have 20 electric guitars, with most all the major features available (double HB, Tele, Fat Tele, SSS Strat, semi-hollow w/P-90's, solid w/P-90's, Ric w/ Hi-Gains, 2 w/Bigsbys, an electric 12-string, etc.).

On the amp side, I have several different rigs available by mixing and matching heads and cabs , both for guitar and bass. Sfaik, these should cover all my rock bands and church praise band gigging.

That said, deals on cool stuff seem to fall into my lap all the time, and if it's something that's a deal, that's playable, and not redundant of what I already have, I'll consider it. Right now I have a line on an Oscar Schmitt cheapie A/E bass guitar for $70. While I don't "need" an acoustic-electric bass, I don't have one, it's a good price, and it'd be a cool thing to have for "unplugged" performances or for my daughter to possibly use in church.

So, I keep an open mind.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife ordered this Bombshell Standard Plus for my birthday in December 2008. It's nearing completion and should be here soon. The builder had a tough year with some personal issues, hence the long wait. 'Glad he's doing ok now. The guitar was slated to have a tortis pickguard but the supplier is no longer making the material. 'Still hoping for another source. Those are Lollar P-90's in there, ebony board. That should make 2010 a great gear year for me

Post Thanks / Like

I've got my eye on a Michael Kelly - Patriot Custom Walnut or Burbinga.

Just have to wait until August or September to save the cash
    Had serious financial issues in the past 18 months, and just getting out of them all now. Not long to go, and I'll be virtually free from debt!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    What gear do you want/need/must have this year?

So whats on your 2010 List, do tell................
    Crate Powerblock, some sort of pedalboard, and to actually get around to soldering the cable parts that I have in a box downstairs.

I'd like to get a cab at some point too, but that's kind of a far-off thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    Those are Lollar P-90's in there, ebony board.
    Wow, very nice! You'll absolutely love the Lollar's.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Not a must have , just an old dream ...

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Some sort of LP would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.
    Not until my wife finds a better job, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

real world...either a pair of Lollar Imperials or just a Pearly Gates Neck to go with the JB bridge in my HB-35 (335 clone). I hope to do the p'ups and the pots all by m'self....

In the dream world....a more substantial tube amp. Either 65 reissue Deluxe, or an Ampeg Jet20 or the Mesa Boogie F-30.

Most of all I wish for a Custom Shop Washburn Idol. WI-68

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    My wife ordered this Bombshell Standard Plus for my birthday in December 2008. It's nearing completion and should be here soon. The builder had a tough year with some personal issues, hence the long wait. 'Glad he's doing ok now. The guitar was slated to have a tortis pickguard but the supplier is no longer making the material. 'Still hoping for another source. Those are Lollar P-90's in there, ebony board. That should make 2010 a great gear year for me

Whoa mama, that's like my dream guitar. But between a Hamer Special in cherry and a Schecter Tempest Special to cover my TVY jones, I couldn't really justify another P-90 guitar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo
    real world...either a pair of Lollar Imperials or just a Pearly Gates Neck to go with the JB bridge in my HB-35 (335 clone). I hope to do the p'ups and the pots all by m'self....
    Glad yo know I'm not the only one who likes Pearly Gates pickups. That would make a nice addition to the JB bridge.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes Pearly Gates pickups. That would make a nice addition to the JB bridge.

Well, i don't know, but I suspect....

The neck in this guitar is original stock (88) and is literally falling apart. The bridge is OLDER, a vintage Juarez wound JB - early eighties - and sounds awesome. So the choice was, replace one or both. I've got the '59/custom custom combo in my other HB axe, and I want to familiarize myself with other tones....so the PGn seemed a good choice, also, it's a good opportunity to mess around and learn a few things without spending huge bucks.

I had my heart set on the lollars, but decided to scale back and make a do it yourself project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, how did everyone do?

Looking at my post, I did fairly close. The Tweaker came along at a much lower price and won the amph purchase. The Washburn made it to the LP/double humbucker list and edged out the others, including the Agile 3x00. The Line 6 POD HD came out to replace my M9/13 need.

I'm very happy with my choices, and am glad I waited. I'd still snap up a Bugera V22 or Fender amph, but no hurry since I have a replacement board for the EVJ head ready to install.

The only stuff on my GAS list would be a 1x12 cab for the Tweaker, and a Fender Baja Tele (but won't kick a G&L ASAT outa' bed). As much as I like the Squier CV 50's Tele, I'm looking for something a little higher up for my Tele lust.

Post Thanks / Like

My stated goals were this:

Crate Powerblock, some sort of pedalboard, and to actually get around to soldering the cable parts that I have in a box downstairs.

I'd like to get a cab at some point too, but that's kind of a far-off thing.
    I ended up buy a powerblock and then selling it, buying a pedalboard and selling it, making another pedalboard of plywood and bike chain, and soldering the cables I had. I never did get a cabinet/speaker.

Oh, and I bought a couple of guitars and an amp, but....those weren't exactly planned. So overall...I don't know how to grade myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at my post, I did fairly close. The Tweaker came along at a much lower price and won the amph purchase. The Washburn made it to the LP/double humbucker list and edged out the others, including the Agile 3x00. The Line 6 POD HD came out to replace my M9/13 need.

I'm very happy with my choices, and am glad I waited. I'd still snap up a Bugera V22 or Fender amph, but no hurry since I have a replacement board for the EVJ head ready to install.

The only stuff on my GAS list would be a 1x12 cab for the Tweaker, and a Fender Baja Tele (but won't kick a G&L ASAT outa' bed). As much as I like the Squier CV 50's Tele, I'm looking for something a little higher up for my Tele lust.

Tig once again we seem to be thinking alike. I have seen what you posted this year and that Washburn was one great looking guitar and the tweaker and you one great your of completed GAS.

I want a smaller wattage tube amp and the Tweaker seems to be leading the way. Baja Tele has been on my Gas list from the 1st time I saw one on-line just have not had the great fortune to play one in person. I picked up a CV Thinline Tele and I want to replace my HH tele for different HH style guitar candidates to replace my FMT HH tele (Fender Blacktop Strat $449.00 USD, Ibanez DarkStone(DN500) $599.00 USD, DBZ Guitars Bolero Premier FM $699.00 USD. BlackTop seems to be winning on price and maple neck/fretboard. I also picked up my 1st pedal Boss ME-25 very cool muitl-pedal best deal around in its price range $199.00 USD. so yeah it seemed we where in the same ball park on the wants and needs front.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your original post mentioned a dream ENGL 635 Fireball...
    Well, the Line 6 POD HD comes with an ENGL Fireball 100 amph model, which is close enough for me. (It roars!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I'd love to get a Jet City 20W combo, but I don't think that'll be in the cards.
    Mercifully I was only partially wrong. I didn't get the combo, but I did get the head and cab.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey Charles
    Semi Hollow with a Trem.

A good Tube Amp.
    These would be on my list also. There's a red Gretsch G5129 on ebay starting at US $345.00. If I had the money I'd get it, or if my wife didn't tell me I should be able to play a whole song with chords before I buy anything new. :-)
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is a nice tube amp nothing fancy but solid Jet City or
    a Vox Night Train running through A Marshall 1960 4x12 Cab, or
    if I get real lucky A Bogner Alchemist or
    if I hit the LOTO!! LOL! An ENGL E635 FIREBALL!!

I picked up a Fender Hot Deville so my Tube amps needs have been meet except this sucker is so loud I would like an low wattage tube. Tweaker 15 or maybe the new 40??? HMMMM

I picked up a killer bass rig Mesa Boogie M9 Carbine/1200 Cab which will put a halt to my GAS for while for sure.

I have no new guitar plans for 2010 although I do have gas for
    Hagstrom Deluxe-F, or super Swede!
    Michael Kelly Patriot Premium!
    Ibanez ART300!
    A traditional Fender Tele there is this FSR with noiseless pups on MF which has me thinking HMMM!
    A Fender Strat with noiseless pups with a rosewood fret board there is also a FSR on MF which has me thinking HMMMM!

Well I picked up 2 new Fender guitars this year both I really like them a lot both I play a lot. American Special Strat HSS seems to be my #! practice guitar and Squire ThinLine Tele my #1 travel guitar in my car with me almost all the time. I recommend both of these guitars. I have no more plans on buying anymore gear unless I sell some gear to get an another HH AXE.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast