Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Must Have in 2010? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Must Have in 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

It's not quite a must have, but I hope that Santa brings some kind of Jazz Box or Semi Acoustic guitar for Christmas. A lovely Epiphone ES335Dot or ES-175, or maybe the Hagstrom 800 would be great. On the other hand I would also enjoy some new recording tools and software. We'll see :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I am closing in on a CV tele Custom, after I finish paying off my layaway. Not must have by any means, but . . . it sure seems fun to play!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tibernius
    I'm hoping to sell a few of my guitars and either swap the pickups out on my Les Paul copy, or save up for one of these:

ESP LTD Viper 407/417 7-string:

Schecter C7:

I don't play the Strats and Tele anymore, and I don't have enough room for any more guitars without selling them.

On the practical and much-more-likely-to-happen side, I'm going to try the DR Tite Fit and Hi-Beam strings. I need to get some patch cables as well (I've now only got 3 working cables left).
    Well...

I didn't get a 7 string. Maybe next year.
    Didn't swap the pickups out on the les paul. Turns out it needs new pickups, new electronics, new tuners, a new bridge and new frets. So it's staying as it is for a while.

I did, however, get one of these:

A Cort VX-4V. Plays great, looks great (imo), sounds ok (needs new pickups) and goes out of tune if you so much as look at it. I'm after a Tremol-No for it since I hardly ever use the trem anyway, something for next year at least.

Best part? I got it 2nd hand, without a scratch on it, for less than 40% of what it goes for new.

My Tele's back in rotation...stupid amount of fret buzz past the 10th fret on all of the strings but it sounds wonderful, especially considering it's got stock Squier Affinity pickups in it.

Didn't get any more cables. Still on the list, along with a pedal board (hopefully a MonkeyDream LED one)

Tried the DR Tite Fit 10-52s on my Tempest, wasn't very impressed. Great for bends, sounded incredible, but they didn't stay in tune as long as I'd like and they didn't last very long either.
    I've since started wiping my guitar strings with an old lens cleaning cloth after playing though and my strings are lasting about 5 times longer now, so I'm going to give the DR DDT 13-65s a try on it next year. If they last long enough I'll probably stick with them since I can't find the Dunlop 13s anymore.
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 bucket list

I have an all white MIM Fender Strat 60th Diamond Edition in the Blizzard Pearl
    and it plays really nice. I got a nice deal for 50 bucks on a brand new looking
    MG100FX combo, and the fender sounds really great and im happy.

SORT OF.................I have GAS !!!!!!!!!!

I want to buy a 2010 Fender American Standard HSS.
    I want to take off the white PG and get a really thick
    single ply all black one, as so far I dont see anything but
    a B/W/B 3 ply available. Change the white PUPS to black
    using covers, all the knobs to black. Now I want to change the
    tuners to black locking tuners, and then my final thing is I
    want to install a Kahler USA hybrid 3770 (black one).

This would be my DREAM guitar. I will then take the guitar
    and go to GC and plug it in to a bunch of different speaker
    systems. I was going to go for the 550 deal on the MG100H
    amp and 412A Cab, but I heard a small vox tube amp while at
    GC, so I am going to be really careful and take my time until
    I find what I want.

Thats my story, and Im sticking to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123