Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New American Deluxe

Thread: New American Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Default New American Deluxe

There it is - my first Fender at the young age of 63!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice, I have the HSS version - Killer guitar, enjoy it!!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

I have Guitar ENVY great axe enjoy!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishJW
    There it is - my first Fender at the young age of 63!
    Kind of a late start but congratulations. That looks sweet!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice

You definitely got a super great Fender as your first. That Deluxe sounds great if it's anything like the one I played a few weeks ago.

I just got a brand new Fender American Stratocaster sss. It sounds really good but way different than the Deluxe.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. I have the HSS version which is one of my favorites. It really is a beautiful, solid instrument. I'm sure you will be very happy together!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice! Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Default SSS vs HSS

I am curious as to why some of us choose SSS (myself and Duff for example) while others of us (Lev & syo) opted for HSS. Anyone willing to share some comments? My long time love of the Fender Stratocaster goes way back (I played keyboards in bands starting from the 7th grade and loved Telecasters and Jazzmasters as well). On the other hand, I would think the HSS configuration offers a host of new tonal possibilities. I never really made this comparison myself. I would love to hear from some of you who did.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer HSS because I don't much care for the Strat bridge tone. I much prefer a humbucker there. A Tele is a different story.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Default sss

With the sss configuration you get three distinct single coil pups and get the combination of the bridge and the middle, which can be very useful and great sounding.

The single coil bridge pup on a lot of strats is hotter than the other pickup positions and really rips for blues, etc.

Plus it is sort of conventional to have the sss on a strat, whereas the HSS and HSH and HH combinations are hot rodded, superstrat versions of the typical design.

Some people want a humbucker guitar so they get the HSS.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishJW
    I am curious as to why some of us choose SSS (myself and Duff for example) while others of us (Lev & syo) opted for HSS. Anyone willing to share some comments? My long time love of the Fender Stratocaster goes way back (I played keyboards in bands starting from the 7th grade and loved Telecasters and Jazzmasters as well). On the other hand, I would think the HSS configuration offers a host of new tonal possibilities. I never really made this comparison myself. I would love to hear from some of you who did.
    Well for me, I already had a standard SSS so it was to try something a little different. I basically agree with Duff's comments about the differences between the configurations. I like both equally depending on my mood. To me though, the 100% "real" strat sound is SSS. BTW I would never put a humbucker in a Tele though. For some reason that strikes me as sacriligious...

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet looking Strat , English. What were you playing before this?

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    BTW I would never put a humbucker in a Tele though. For some reason that strikes me as sacriligious...
    For the last year or so I've been pretty obsessed with Bill Frisell, who plays Jazz/Americana, and in my opinion is a guitar God, and plays MOSTLY Tele, MOSTLY with a Humbucker.

But I hear you.....Imagine lipsticks on an LP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humbuckers on tele

One of my favorite guitars is my Peavey Generation EX Vintage tele that has the standard bridge type tele pup and a nickel plated humbucker in the neck. This guitar sounds really great and looks great too. It has a great feel and sound to it.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For me the bridge pickup on a strat is probably the one I use the least. So when I bought my Deluxe I opted for a HSS so I could get a wider range of tones. Of course the 2 single coils are then wound a bit hotter to match the humbucker but I don't have any problems coaxing tradition strat tones out of this guitar. But if I have a metal moment the humbucker will do a good job on the heavier stuff too.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. Personally, I just tend to think of different guitars when I want a humbucker sound.