Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Uh oh! New GAS alert. Telecaster - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh! New GAS alert. Telecaster

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    ok after looking again that its I have to get one of those!
    It is just like a car crash you don't want to look but you just have to!

I found an allen key that fit this morning, and I lowered the action about 1.5 turns across the board. There are six adjusting screws, I turned them all equally and it didn't affect the intonation. No buzzing so far and everything is dead on. I have been reading about the 3 saddle bridge and apparently it gives more sustain. The brass saddles work even better according to Jerry Donahue.
    The neck on this guitar (despite Spudmans comments) is very nice. The fretboard is very dark, and is really smooth almost like an ebony. Frets are really nice and very level. The tint on the maple is pure vintage. Also it stays in tune very well. The pickups are really nice. The middle and the bridge position are probably the best the neck is more for rythm playing, but turned up loud she has some punch.
    Not as heavy as it expected. It is probably the same weight as my Deluxes.
    Fortunately it just keeps getting better and better. I have searched this guitar from top to bottom and I can not find a flaw. All I can say is that if they are this good out of China for that money, US and MIM Tele sales will be way off this year.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Fortunately it just keeps getting better and better. I have searched this guitar from top to bottom and I can not find a flaw. All I can say is that if they are this good out of China for that money, US and MIM Tele sales will be way off this year.
    After years of garbage products of every kind coming from China, they suddenly surprise us with high quality? All I can say is, thankfully, it showed up in affordable guitars!!!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tig over on the Squier forum you mentioned the compensated brass saddles. I looked on a couple of sites and I couldn't find the ones you are showing. What distributor are they from.
    I had ordered a 6 saddle and after the tweaking I think I will stick with the 3 saddle. If my tech gets stuck with the order I will take it and maybe try it down the road.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilkinson Compensated Brass Saddles/Tele Bridge

Try this. I dropped this into my Squier Vintage Mod Tele - nice upgrade from the stock 6-saddle bridge.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at those. How was the fit?
    BTW Got gas pains?
    Take two Squiers and call me in the morning.

The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at those. How was the fit?
    Dropped right in, everything lined up the way it's supposed to. Even the string-thru holes - YMMV, but for only $30 plus shipping it'd be worth trying out.

Nice looking guitars ya got there
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of figured that. I was playing the Tele again tonight and I may be able to live with this bridge. I just have to lower the action. I couldn't find an allen key that fit real quick but I will look tomorrow.
    I was playing the Daphne tonight. It has quite a nice set of pickups. That one has 9 D'Addarios, compared tot he 9.5s on the White Pearl.
    Every time I take it out it looks better and better.
    If your's is like my CV tele. The allen key is taped & hidden in the box..go look.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked mine up from a dealer. I asked him to see if it had any hang tags or anything else in the box. They looked and even opened another one to see if there was anything. I found one in my MIM Strat that fits. I am pretty sure my CV Strat had it taped to the box as well.
    Got it adjusted and it plays really nice.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Tig over on the Squier forum you mentioned the compensated brass saddles. I looked on a couple of sites and I couldn't find the ones you are showing. What distributor are they from.
    I had ordered a 6 saddle and after the tweaking I think I will stick with the 3 saddle. If my tech gets stuck with the order I will take it and maybe try it down the road.
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Check them out here:
    http://www.specialtyguitars.com/brid...idgeparts.html
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default CV Telecaster Custom V.S. American Special Tele

I had a chance to lay hands on both of the new tele's tonight.

CV wins at that price point and the sound and craftsmanship of that guitar

The CV neck was really nice pickups sound great very old school tone.
    Looks even better in person than any pic could show. I can easily say it is better made and sounding the CV 50's pine tele.

Amer. Spec. Tele

Once again another well crafted guitar the neck was fantastic pickups sound great too. I could not find anything about this guitar I did not like.
    IMHO it had better bridge, neck, & pups than the CV but not $400.00 better.
    If you want a American made Tele I would recommended it with out any qualms at all.

BUT with that said The CV Custom Tele is such a sweet axe it was hard for me too see why anyone would buy the AMSP Tele over it. They are so close to one another in sound, looks, playability, & craftsmanship that I would buy the Thinline and the Custom for the price of the American Special any day of the week.

But no matter which one someone buys they will get a very good guitar they'll like if not love for years to come.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what your saying!and it still blows my mind and I'm glad I bought one.It is going to be tough to buy another guitar and feel like I am getting a great deal after this,I feel like they miss boxed a more expensive model.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I know exactly what your saying!and it still blows my mind and I'm glad I bought one.It is going to be tough to buy another guitar and feel like I am getting a great deal after this,I feel like they miss boxed a more expensive model.Sumi
    I had the exact thing happen to me when I first bought my CV 50s Strat.
    I ordered it in and the manager called me to say it was in. I went to pick it up and took an empty case. He gave me the guitar and I went to check out and the owner had to call the manager up front to make sure the price was right on the guitar. I think the same of my CV tele Custom as well.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Demo'ed the Classic Vibe Telecaster® Thinline yesterday at my favorite local independent shop yesterday, and it was incredible! From the tuners to the neck, pup's, body and bridge, this was as close to perfect as I've seen for a Tele under $1000. Even the factory setup was spot on. Oh, and did I mention how beautiful it was? Better then the online photos I've seen so far.

The only thing that sucked (other than my playing) was that I was there to demo several of their CV Strat's instead! Also, they didn't have the Squier® Classic Vibe Telecaster® Custom in yet.

Seriously, if I wasn't so determined to buy a Strat, I would have been overcome with Tele GAS and would be explaining the Mrs Tig why I bought myself a new guitar right before Valentine's Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Tig: You just have to buy the guitar, then go to the local shoe emporium and buy a gift certificate for your wife. Tell her the certificate came with the guitar, and you just had to buy it for her, Happy Valentines day dear!
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tig: You just have to buy the guitar, then go to the local shoe emporium and buy a gift certificate for your wife. Tell her the certificate came with the guitar, and you just had to buy it for her, Happy Valentines day dear!
    She's not a shoe-aholic, so I'm lucky about that. However, I am shopping for a nice heart-shaped diamond necklace this week, in preparation for a NGD next week!

See, I know how to run a guitar buying business from home.

Post Thanks / Like

How does the CV thinline compare with the Mex `72 reissue thinline, I`m thinking of getting one or the other in the near future [the `72 from ebay probably] , I just don`t have the guitar store near that will have both in .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    She's not a shoe-aholic, so I'm lucky about that. However, I am shopping for a nice heart-shaped diamond necklace this week, in preparation for a NGD next week!

See, I know how to run a guitar buying business from home.
    I bought my wife a lovely diamond necklace, and it looks great in her jewel box. She would rather have the shoes.
    She has her hobbies and I have mine. Of course my hobbies cost 20 times what her's does but who's counting.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    How does the CV thinline compare with the Mex `72 reissue thinline, I`m thinking of getting one or the other in the near future [the `72 from ebay probably] , I just don`t have the guitar store near that will have both in .
    I can't say anything about the MiM '72 Thinline, since I've never played one. If possible, try the CV Thinline and you'll know right away if it suits you or not. I'm betting it just might.

Even if the 72 Reissue is a little better, is it really $400 better? That's a question only you can answer. Personally, these two new CV's are so nice, I see no reason to go with the Fenders unless I gotta have the best and money is no object. That means Custom Shop, and not American Standards or MiM's.

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I`ve got the Roadhouse Strat which is MiM and I think its fantastic to play , I could get the CV thinline for £320 new or pick a used '72 thinline for about £450 , I`ve already got a USA Tele and like the idea of the humbuckers, at this point I`ve played neither though and it may take a bit of travelling just to get my hands one to try it out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast