Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Uh oh! New GAS alert. Telecaster

Post Thanks / Like

Tig was the thinline muddy at all?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ToT Guitarfetish has some cool mini buckers that would fit great in the neck of these CV teles.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Tig was the thinline muddy at all?
    Not muddy at all. It had plenty of twang, and the pickups had a vintage sound to my ears, but enough gain for a wide range of tones. Also, I liked how the bridge pickup wasn't too brittle, like some or the MiM Tele's I've played in the past.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Tig,

I am seriously thinking about breaking my rule for 2010 NO NEW GUITARS!!!!!
    So, on a scale of 1 to 10 with price, quality, sounds, etc etc etc what would you rate the Thinline?
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    Tig,

I am seriously thinking about breaking my rule for 2010 NO NEW GUITARS!!!!!
    So, on a scale of 1 to 10 with price, quality, sounds, etc etc etc what would you rate the Thinline?
    Tell ya what... I'm gonna' do you a favor and rate it a 1, or maybe a 1.5. There, now you can sleep tonight, knowing that you didn't miss out!

OK, seriously, if you have been Jones'in for a Thinline, this would be a really good way to go. I can't think of anything I'd change, unless you like brass saddles over the stock chrome ones, or maybe if it had a tinted neck. The Alnico V's pickups had all the Tele goodness without being too wimpy or brittle. I really didn't want to put her down and leave the store.

Price 10 (so much quality for so little money, well good luck with your willpower)

Quality 9 (The neck/fret board was near-perfect and everything, including the knobs and tuners were solid, with no blemishes in the finish)

Sound 9 (I loved the acoustic volume I got just tuning it)

Appearance 9 (This guitar makes my top 5 Tele's as far as looks. My number 1 is the Merle Haggard Signature, 2nd or 3rd is between the 1950s Telecaster Thinline NOS or many the 3-Color Sunburst Tele's, and the red Jim Adkins JA-90 is maybe 4th)

So, what are you gonna' call your new Thinline?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no I can hear it now MOM! Dad got a new guitar! D'oh! shut up are you trying to get me castrated!Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    So, what are you gonna' call your new Thinline?
    I already played the CV Tele custom and was sold on it.
    I have been wanting a semi -hollow guitar for ever!

I guess I'll name her Tiggy LOL
    Thanks for the info I think I'll have them order me one tonight.
    I'll keep you posted in case I chicken out. LOL
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Oh no I can hear it now MOM! Dad got a new guitar! D'oh! shut up are you trying to get me castrated!Sumi
    Truer words have never been spoken LOL
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

I have been wanting a semi -hollow guitar for ever!
    Are thinlines really semi-hollow? I thought that they just had a chamber under the f-hole and were not hollowed out on the treble side. Maybe this is a matter of sematics.

Can you get one to sound like a 335?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Truer words have never been spoken LOL
    Hey, I guess I can take some of the blame for twisting your arm.
    Nah, you were already sold on it. I just reminded you that it's a worthy purchase.
    Oh, and I take all major credit cards...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Are thinlines really semi-hollow? I thought that they just had a chamber under the f-hole and were not hollowed out on the treble side. Maybe this is a matter of sematics.

Can you get one to sound like a 335?
    I doubt it 335 has much more body and air and humbuckers.
    I am just hoping for some type of semi-hollow sound and vibe with the classic tele tone.
    Last edited by MAXIFUNK; February 11th, 2010 at 12:42 AM.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Hey, I guess I can take some of the blame for twisting your arm.
    Nah, you were already sold on it. I just reminded you that it's a worthy purchase.
    Oh, and I take all major credit cards...

They are going to look into ordering it in the AM.
    An your right I was sold on it sight unseen you just verified my thought.
    Thanks buddy for the support of tone and GAS. LOL
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it 335 has much more body and air and humbuckers.
    I am just hoping for some type of semi-hollow sound and vibe with the classic tele tone.
    Sounds good to me. I want one.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

They ordered the ThinLine for me today!
    I can not wait to get my hands on it.

Update will follow!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender not so crazy after all?

Saw an old friend at a show the other night - he's a life-long working guitarist, but not a gear-head and never cares to talk about gear - all the stuff he has he has had for years. Th first words out of his mouth, excitedly, were, "Have you heard about the CV Squiers?! My wife just got me the tele for my birthday and I can't put it down. I've hardly touched my electrics for the past twelve years, and I play this thing two hours every morning - you can't believe what you get for under $400 - I like it better than the $2000 tel that was at the shop; my friend over there (another long-time player) got the strat."

I'd guess that neither of those guys was in the market for another electric, period - but they went for the CV's. I bet Fender is selling thousands in similar circumstances.

Of course, it all made me want to go out and get myself a CV tele.....
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345