Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Thought it was time to update my sig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought it was time to update my sig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thought it was time to update my sig

I guess this is where this post should go.

Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

[sigh] they took out Colt.

we will most likely lose, and i admit that with pride, b/c we made it to the game in the first place.

i will not succumb to smoking to soothe my pain.

[we quit on monday]

need to just go and practice my lesson and turn off the volume.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    [sigh] they took out Colt.

we will most likely lose, and i admit that with pride, b/c we made it to the game in the first place.

i will not succumb to smoking to soothe my pain.

[we quit on monday]

need to just go and practice my lesson and turn off the volume.

. . . call me Deacon Blues.

Sorry for your pain. Don't smoke!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    . . . call me Deacon Blues.

Sorry for your pain. Don't smoke!
    You'll be proud of us Steve. Last cig for both of us was at lunch on Monday. It's been much easier with both of us quitting at the same time. The last time I quit she was still smoking, and that didn't work very well.

Back to the Mando, I love this little girl. The only thing I don't like is the tuners. She's hard to tune and she doesn't hold her tune very well. So I ordered a set of these tonight to upgrade her:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/M..._Machines.html

Hopefully that will solve the problem.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Congrats on the Mando. I do want one sometime. At our jam the other night, one of the mando players had a heck of a time with his tuning. Seemed to change every few minutes. I hope yours settles down. They look like fun to play.

BTW, CB's pain just eased a bit I see. (touchdown pass, back up QB to Shipley).

Congrats on quitting too! Keep it up!
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; January 7th, 2010 at 10:53 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

AAAACKKKK!!! i'm wearing my lucky ut tshirt, my cedric benson jersey, my lucky ut alum bracelet

o crud game back on

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck with both the Mando and the lack-o'-smoking! Just think, you'd be able to afford to buy me a Jet City combo! And that's just January's savings!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    AAAACKKKK!!! i'm wearing my lucky ut tshirt, my cedric benson jersey, my lucky ut alum bracelet

o crud game back on
    LOL!! Look at that, Shiner, your own wife mucking up your Mando thread with OT UT talk.

Man, that Ingram looks impressive. UT defense seems to be doing a decent job though. Sweet scoring play by your back up QB and Shipley though! Nice!

EDIT: Tough sack and fumble. HOLD ON!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

dang...

my team is playing with heart, even shiner is watching now [and he hates tx] [or is at least ambivalent]

what a game...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    LOL!! Look at that, Shiner, your own wife mucking up your Mando thread with OT UT talk.

Man, that Ingram looks impressive. UT defense seems to be doing a decent job though. Sweet scoring play by your back up QB and Shipley though! Nice!

EDIT: Tough sack and fumble. HOLD ON!
    Heh, heh, I don't mind Steve. I's can MULTITASK!!

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Best of luck with both the Mando and the lack-o'-smoking! Just think, you'd be able to afford to buy me a Jet City combo! And that's just January's savings!
    I luvs ya' marnold, but the extra money is going to my daughter's wedding in August. I'm still hopeful we can squeez in an Island at some point this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Uh oh, looks like Texas couldn't pull it out. But I'm still impressed that the young second string QB did as well as he did. I would have not have put money on that. Give it a year or two and they may just pull it out.

Now . . . as for Baylor . . .

Post Thanks / Like

dang... i had this whole line of jokes lined up for tx stemming the red tide.

owell. i wish the game could have been played with Colt, to see what we actually could have accomplished. but i accept what happened and look forward to next season.

GO LONGHORNS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tough loss there CB! The back-up played pretty good once he got the jitters out of his system.

Y'all's (OMG, look at that spelling, ahaha) tears will just be getting dry by the time my IGGLES get done putting a beat-down on MR. Jessica Simpson.

Last week was nuttin' but a play off the ALI rope-a-dope against Foreman. (at least, that is what I keep telling myself )

Post Thanks / Like

The good news for Texas fans is that they obviously have a capable replacement for Colt McCoy (best name for a UT QB ever).
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mandolin. Whats the tuning on a mandolin btw are the strings tuned in 5ths or 6ths?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Mando Shiner, CB sorry you didn't win the game.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, for the encouraging words... to both the smoking and the game.

it is a sweet mando, and she intrigues me. something different to experiment with/learn.

Post Thanks / Like

nice mando ...........maybe???????? next year c.b. on the game
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words y'all. Stew mac shipped out the new tuners today, although they shipped the gold rather than the nickle I ordered. It's ok, I'll see how they look before I decide whether to mess with sending them back.

MUDDY, ya' old fart. Been missin' you brother. Glad to see you around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Last cig for both of us was at lunch on Monday.

So maybe the great Tejas deep freeze is a cosmic conspiracy to help you guys out. It's too damn cold to run out for more! (assuming of course you got rid of what ever was in the house)

Sorry 'bout the horns CB. Not a fan of the Team, but love the town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast