Thread: ESP LTD EC series LP style opinions

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ESP LTD EC series LP style opinions

Anyone have an opinion on the ESP LTD EC series LP style guitars?

I have a chance to get a glossy black with gold trim ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe for a great price, new, 700.

It has the EMGs, 85 or 81 and 60. Played a few and they sound great. Also played the Viper 1000 Deluxe in the EMG and SD style and both versions were incredible.

Anyone have an opinion on the LP style ones? Comparison to Gibson or Epiphone or other observations, first hand or otherwise. All comments are welcome.

My personal observation is that the EC 1000 sounds better with the EMGs than my Epi Plus top LP w SDs and better than the Gibson faded SG I had. Maybe it's the hot active pickups. The Viper 1000 also sounded super good in EMG and SD.

Not much said lately about ESP LTDs.

How would you rate them and how do they stack up against the competition, in your opinion?
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good deal, about $50 less than MF has them on sale for right now.
    MF might match that price if you're buying from an ESP dealer, don't know if you could work a deal to use our MF link at that price or not. Just a thought.

It should have the earvana compensated nut, also.
    I would say definitely play it through your amphs first, tho, if you haven't.
    The reason being w/ the EMG's and differences in weight/wood/etc...........it won't sound just like a Les Paul, which is fine if you don't want a LP clone.
    ESP's are well made guitars and that model should be a great one.
    It will have it's own personality, and only you will know if that's the one for you.
    Last edited by oldguy; January 9th, 2010 at 07:46 AM.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Kodiak had his heart set on one of those before Christmas in the flat black and had played a couple. He has decided to pursue his computer programs for right now instead. They are nice guitars if EMGs are your thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not look at a used ESP instead of getting an LTD? It will be the same money as a new LTD and a far superior guitar from what I've heard.
    Patrick

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Esp Ltd

The LTD EC-1000 Deluxe looks great and plays great.

Haven't seen many EXPs around here.

Both of the Viper 1000s are great; SD and EMG.

Would like to check out an ESP.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)