Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
N.u.d.

Thread: N.u.d.

Post Thanks / Like

Default N.u.d.

So the latest addition to the herd is... A Ukulele.. How uncool is that!

Specifically a Oscar Schmidt baritone uke. Solid spruce top, lam rosewood back and sides. Very nicely done for a fairly cheapo uke. The baritone is tuned like the top four strings of a guitar, D, G, B, E. Sopranos, tenor and conert ukes use a different tuning.

Here she is..

Alongside the Martin to give you a sense of the size.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Keel, that's a beauty. I've often thought about a uke, there are some really cool songs I love done w/ them. I just haven't pulled the trigger on one, as they're not locally available, but I can see the day when I will.
    I'd love to mess with one and get the feel for some triads/chords and lovely progressions.
    The history alone is worth the price of admission.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

uke away gilligan
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a guitar...only smaller.

I saw the "N.u.d." and said "what the heck?" "What on earth could this be?" And it turned out to be ukulele. Sir George and Sir Paul play them and make beautiful music with them. I'm certain you will too.

Just stay away from the Harley crowd. They are anti uke.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.