Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Looper pedals? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Looper pedals?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Patience Gasshopper.
    I've been watching a Boss RC50 ($500 new) for the past couple of hours and was ready to pull the trigger when the price suddenly started to rise. Someone ended up sniping it with a single bid of $340 - decent deal.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got me a Digitech JamMan. Paid a little more than I planned, but let the fun begin. Well, once it arrives.

I saw some that were selling at a higher price than the one I won and those didn't have a power supply (another $20). So in the end I can't complain, now my wife on the other hand...

Shiner and Steve - I may need a lawyer.
    Mark

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

How much did yours cost? I got mine for $239.50 (including shipping).
    Last edited by Robert; December 10th, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    How much did yours cost? I got mine for $239.50.
    $221. w/power source, plus 7.50 shipping (UPS). The previous one I was bidding on went for $235 without power source.

I'm cheap, I was shooting for $160 to $180, but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen unless it was damaged or beat to he77.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    $221. w/power source, plus 7.50 shipping (UPS). The previous one I was bidding on went for $235 without power source.

I'm cheap, I was shooting for $160 to $180, but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen unless it was damaged or beat to he77.
    My RC20xl was in that range, and in good shape, but without power source. Hope you don't really need those lawyer services big guy!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    My RC20xl was in that range, and in good shape, but without power source. Hope you don't really need those lawyer services big guy!
    Yep, it seems they both run around the same price. I came real close to a RC20XL, but got sniped with two seconds to go. I saw a couple of RC2, but they were selling close to what you can get them for new. I think if you pick up an RC2, RC20xl or the Jamman you won't go wrong. I was really drooling when I started chasing the RC50, but that just went out of reach.

Called my wife from work and I won't be needing that lawyer, but I've relinquished my Christmas gifts for the next ten years.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Strum,

Congrats on the new JamMan ude:

Let me know what you think of it after you've had it for awhile. I've been looking at those myself.

Good to know you won't be needing any lawyer services in the near future either

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

I downloaded the page Justaguyin recommended to give looping a try and had a little fun with it this morning. (http://evenfall.com/ambiloop/index.html).
    looks like the link has changed... http://www.ambiloop.com/
    would suggest anyone thinking of a looper to check that program out to see if you would really use one.. ofcourse the answer is YES!!

Congrats Strum!
    Hope you enjoy it!!
    :

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

GG and Justaguyin, thanks.

It shipped today and will arrive Thursday, so I get it for the weekend. I always love it when new toys arrive just before the weekend - no work and a new toy!!!

I'm glad the guy uses UPS, he charged half the price as other sellers for shipping and USPS would take oh let's say - well, let's just say I might have been able to use it on New Years.

It will be fun figuring the thing out, but what I'm really looking forward to is advancing my skills.

GG, I would watch e-bay for either the Boss RC20xl or the JamMan. They have slightly different features, but both are good buys. And if anyone really wants to get into one of these, there is another RC50 with 20 hours to go and it's at $207. It might not get up to $340+ because of the seller (buyer beware). I can see Robert standing over an RC50 with that familiar grin he gets when he makes a video demonstrating the latest toy he's purchased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Strum
    Did you find out the serial number before you bought that JamMan? I'm just wondering if it might be one of the recalled versions.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Strum
    Did you find out the serial number before you bought that JamMan? I'm just wondering if it might be one of the recalled versions.
    Ummm, no. Since I'm not the original owner, do you think I can get it fixed? I guess my first question should be why was it recalled?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Watch out Strum, he pulls that line on many that land a new purchase they like.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, no. Since I'm not the original owner, do you think I can get it fixed? I guess my first question should be why was it recalled?
    Gotchya!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotchya!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I have an RC2 that I love.

I got that one, because of the built in drum machine. I use that feature the most to help with my timing.

Now if it only had a built in time machine ....
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my RC-2 for a year now and I haven't messed with it much I've been too busy messing with new pedals and amps. And new guitars.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love mine too - Jim's post on his new Line6 Variax guitar started me thinking of the endless possibilities combining a Variax and a RC-2. I could be a one man band - if only my talent was endless too!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Gotchya!
    I told a couple of guys at work about your little joke and they LTAO. They knew how pumped I was for this thing.

It's sitting at the UPS terminal about 20 miles from here. It was shipped from Iowa and I thought the ice storms might delay it.

I know I'm making more of this than I should, but I love new toys!!! Keeps me young. Well, that and being immature.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Jamman showed up today and the thing looks brand new (much better than it appeared in the e-bay photos. So far everything seems to work, at least everything I figured out how to work. I just used the quick start section of the book, so I have not really learned the workings of this thing.

I do notice a hissing noise going through the amp when this thing is hooked up. It not loud, but it is annoying. Would the cable cause that? I'm using a very cheap cable running from the jamman to the amp.
    Mark

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast