Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Looper pedals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I needed to use a separate power supply on my RC20xl, rather than chain it on my 9spot. Then it cleared right up. Might be a similar deal.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I needed to use a separate power supply on my RC20xl, rather than chain it on my 9spot. Then it cleared right up. Might be a similar deal.
    9spot?

I have the amp plugged into one outlet and the jamman plugged into another outlet on the other side of the room. However, I'm not sure if the outlets are connected - have to check in the basement to see how they are wired.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

a 9spot is a multiple plug power source for pedals, ie, one plug on the power strip, powers 5 pedals.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    a 9spot is a multiple plug power source for pedals, ie, one plug on the power strip, powers 5 pedals.
    It's the cable. Instead of running the cheap cable from the jamman to the amp, I used the better cable to link them and put the cheaper cable from the guitar to the jamman and the hissing stopped. Get another good cable and I'm in business.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

This guy does some really cool stuff with his Boss Loop Station and a POD X3 Live.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    This guy does some really cool stuff with his Boss Loop Station and a POD X3 Live.
    Wow that was awesome! Very Chemical Bros. like.

What a great topic, glad I used the search feature:

And I cant get over how many members actually have one of these(or similar)...Im gonna go around and dig up more for inspiration and ideas.

Im curious about the optional footswtiches and if anybody has tried anything different than the "plastic ebay" one mentioned previously in this thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Im curious about the optional footswtiches and if anybody has tried anything different than the "plastic ebay" one mentioned previously in this thread?
    I'm in the process of building a new pedal board and will most likely get some quality button switches and mount them in a case on the board specifically to use with the RC20XL. I also use momentary buttons to set the tap tempo on my delay and have another on/off so that I can turn off the PA reverb or change channels on my amph. It's simple to do with buttons and 1/4" female jacks.

Post Thanks / Like

Boss RC50 is amazing!!!

I've had mine for about 2 years now and it is such a vital piece of equipment, that I sometimes find it hard to play without it. Of course, in some ways, that's a bad thing, but in the other ways it has helped my playing (improv, songwriting, theory, etc.) it more than makes up for anything else.

I personally think that any and everybody can learn something from looping their playing and playing over it. Whether it's with a Boss or not, I would highly recommend anyone interested in getting one.

And, once you get used to them, they are pretty addictive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thearabianmage
    And, once you get used to them, they are pretty addictive.
    And a fun healthy addiction that you can actually benefit from unlike, say making pancakes.:

I have a hard time quitting playing with it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

And a fun healthy addiction that you can actually benefit from. . .

Post Thanks / Like

This one is pretty cool too. Just goes to show you what can be done. ps. If anyone here can sing like this I have a job for you right now.

Post Thanks / Like

This is really nice. Instant chamber ensemble.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that crooked neck chic was kinda hot!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Theresa Andersson

Theresa Andersson is a one woman show.
    Hailing from New Orleans the music runs through her veins just as much as the Mississippi runs through Louisiana. She's an incredible multi instrumentalist with an amazing voice and zest for her music.
    http://www.myspace.com/theresaanderssonmusic

Be sure to watch her videos and check out all the related ones on YouTube. She features 2 Boss RC50 Loop Stations in her act.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Aha, that's why my veins are so huge - there's so much music running through them! Mystery solved. :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Theresa Andersson is a one woman show.
    Hailing from New Orleans the music runs through her veins just as much as the Mississippi runs through Louisiana. She's an incredible multi instrumentalist with an amazing voice and zest for her music.
    http://www.myspace.com/theresaanderssonmusic

Be sure to watch her videos and check out all the related ones on YouTube. She features 2 Boss RC50 Loop Stations in her act.
    She was a regular member of Anders Osborne line up surely a great artist :
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Jarle Bernhoft - this guy is amazing. He has a band, but this is his solo act with an RC50 looper. He's from Norway I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Really great performances and soulful voice for sure !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My looper is the best tool I have that I do not use well. I really need to get it out in the permanent chain and just start playing with the dang thing.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast