Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A '52 Reissue Tele for $350?

Thread: A '52 Reissue Tele for $350?

Post Thanks / Like

Default A '52 Reissue Tele for $350?

I think this guy is mistaken. I could be wrong, but I don't think these came in sunburst.

http://salem.craigslist.org/msg/1549918985.html

Too good to be true, right?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears to be a MIM 50s Classic from the description. These are really good guitars. A few US 52 RIs were made in sunburst.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    I think this guy is mistaken. I could be wrong, but I don't think these came in sunburst.

http://salem.craigslist.org/msg/1549918985.html

Too good to be true, right?

Yea I would say b.s,on the price alone!!($2000 is about right)

Yes they did the 52reissue in the 80's in sunburst not sure about recently,I love the butterscotch blonde ash body,the sunbursts were alder bodies I believe
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesteday I had a deal on a 52 reissue. The guy wanted 1400 and I offered 1200 and he accepted. I checked with my local guy and he said that they are selling new for 1699 Can. and used sell for 1200 in his store. So I retracted my offer and went in with a lower number. The guy says he would rather keep it. I probably should have done the deal but I had second thoughts about the 7.25 radius. I am not a tele guy and I don't have one.
    I did however order one of the new Squier Tele Deluxes, it should be here in a couple of weeks.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me id get the S.D. mini in neck position and of course butterscotch blonde and a blonde neck/fretboard!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I'm thinking of the hot rod 52 RI
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Yea I im thinking of the hot rod 52 RI
    Nothing wrong with that... it's a beautiful guitar! I think I'll dream of one for a while too
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

May be that is one of my problems with Fender, but they have so many versions of everything that the names get confusing for me. I know about the US-made '52 Reissue Teles and I have seen them used at just over $1,000, but I'm not aware of MIM '52 Reissues. I also thought that all US '52 Reissues are in butterscotch.

There is no intent for deception with that ad as it clearly states it is MIM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Yea I would say b.s,on the price alone!!($2000 is about right)

I love the butterscotch blonde ash body,the sunbursts were alder bodies I believe
    Wow, I saw this 1980 RI today at my favorite local guitar store, and yes, $2000 is the price, but with mod's, a refret, and aging issues.

Oh, and the next time I visit the store, I'll take a camera just for the wall full of signed guitars from people like Stevie Ray Vaughan, to the entire Who, etc. The place is like a musuem!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2