Thread: Lousy service from Musician's Friend - ISSUE RESOLVED

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Lousy service from Musician's Friend - ISSUE RESOLVED

Hi all. Just wanted to share my recent experience with Musician's Friend and to find out if anyone has had similar dealings with them.

About two months ago, I ordered a Behringer mixer online that came with an offer of two free microphones. Granted, they weren't top-line mics, but they were FREE! So imagine my surprise when the mixer arrived without the mics. I called customer service and they said "Sorry, but they must have run out." When I asked for a substitute, they said "No." I then spoke with a supervisor and received the same response. When I expressed my surprise that they would let a paying customer go to one of their competitiors, they could have cared less.

I wrote a very nice, professional, letter to MF asking if there was something that they could do to keep me as a satisfied MF customer. I have worked in retail for 20+ years and know that there is always something that can be done to satisfy a customer. In my case, I wasn't asking for anything outrageous - - maybe a small gift card to say "sorry" for misleading me into thinking that I would actually receive the free gift that they advertised.

Their response? Not a word.

I returned the mixer a week later and vowed never to deal with them again. Sweetwater, here I come! Has anyone had a similar experience?
    Last edited by Guitar50; January 26th, 2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Issue Resolved!
    Michael

Guitars: '82 Fender Strat, '75 Les Paul Std, Takamine Acoustic, Yamaha Classical

Amp: Egnater Tweaker

Effects: Digitech RP500