Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zakk Wylde is so dumb!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Insightful Thread

This is one of the best threads I've ever read. Not only do you learn something everytime you log on but you see how personal music is to everybody. One man's "dumbness is another man's genius". The real deal is to take what we like and don't like (and that includes particular players, guitar sounds, et.al) and help define our own sound.

Keep these threads coming! Every one of these goes with me on this ever evolving journey that has no end.
    Only a Gibson is Good Enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudncrunchy
    This is one of the best threads I've ever read. Keep these threads coming! Every one of these goes with me on this ever evolving journey that has no end.
    "Party on Garth. Party on Wayne."

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy you got that right LnC. When it comes to behaviour, general opinions on things and especially politics. I find Im worlds apart from some that make the music I like. So I just focus on the music opinions are like ears everyones got em!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey folks,

I just stopped by and saw what's going on with this thread. Cool that so many of you take part in this discussion, also if we reached a point where the main topic is no longer the main topic

I have read all the answers and must admit that my words in the original thread might have been too strong, but they were written only minutes after I watched the documentary. Just to point out one thing, I am not a die hard Randy fan, although I think he was a great player. I never much liked Zakk, nor his playing nor his persona so this documentary just was the missing link in the chain ;-)

That's life - you like or dislike things and with some of them the antipathy grows just a little stronger.
    Of course I judge a musician by his music, and I know that throwing TVs and destroying hotel rooms always belonged to R 'n R, but I figured out for myself that with getting older I became more sensitiv for such things and I like it more when a player plays like hell, but remains down to earth in his persona and appearence.

I can only repeat that this is my personal opinion and I tolerate and accept all other opinions on this matter. As I feel very much home here at TheFret, I thought it was a good idea to talk about my sentiments here. My thoughts were like: What would you say if somebody did a report on your best friend who passed away at an early age and then one person would go like " hey drink beer".

Again, this is not about me being a Randy enthusiast, but I projected the whole scene somehow to the a.m. situation, maybe because I had myself some beers that day *lol*

So folks, thanks again for writing so many answers and sharing your opinion. It is good that everyone here looks beyond his own nose! This makes this forum so precious. We can all learn from each other and from each others faults, and if we become better guitar players in the end it is even better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Monkeys are like musicians I'm afraid. No money and way too destructive. Unless...hey, what floor would your bar be on?
    The top floor of the Hilton, me and Paris are going to do a jungle theme danceshow. Its going to be great! Anyway, the monkeys will serve you cold beers, but unfortunately musicians & dogs not allowed due to the facts you just described. Hey, you should be the master chef Spud!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Pots and pans or even a roast beef are not nearly as gratifying as tossing a TV out of a window. So if I can't come as a musician then I'll just go to your pirate party instead.

Like I said, the new Black Label Society album is really good.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75

Just to point out one thing, I am not a die hard Randy fan, although I think he was a great player. I never much liked Zakk, nor his playing nor his persona so this documentary just was the missing link in the chain ;-)
    Every famous person has their place in history. We must keep one thing in mind here. No matter the music venue, no matter the wardrobe worn, no matter the brand of equipment used, not matter the hair style or number of tats, no matter the behavior of the musician; if the delivery of the end item (music) produces a cash flow, then it (the music) will evolve into its own entity. Money talks and lifestyles will change because of it. If people are willing to pay for what makes them happy, then someone will provide a way to bring it to them. No matter how innocent or morbid it maybe. Verity is what makes this world go round. If I don’t like it, I don’t listen to it or watch it. To each their own, but don’t try to push it on me. Hey, remember Vincent Van Gough? Now there was a strange character. Rock on!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    If I don’t like it, I don’t listen to it or watch it. To each their own, but don’t try to push it on me. Hey, remember Vincent Van Gough? Now there was a strange character. Rock on!
    One question here - I understand your post, but how do you mean "don't push it on me". You mean me personally with this or the industry in general? Sorry, but I was not pushing anyone here. Furthermore, I watched the documentary not because of Zakk. I do not watch or listen to his music, because I don't like it - you got it right man! Is that consequent enough?!

Van Gogh? Sorry, I do not get the link. Was he strange because he cut of his ear or killed himself. I do not think that he toasted stereo beer on another dead painter ;-) And only being strange is no excuse for bad behaviour.

Anyways, as I see that this topic is highly discussed and some even use this thread to discuss their plans about opening a monkey bar - I make the conclusion that Zakk is commonly liked here and maybe I tapped into a honeypot with my thread.

Keep cool guys and rock on!

Post Thanks / Like

One question here - I understand your post, but how do you mean "don't push it on me". You mean me personally with this or the industry in general?
    NO NO NO! It was not directed to you Jim. It was a general statement on how some people try to push their world into ours because they think it is the perfect one. Sorry about the missunderstanding.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Van Gogh? Sorry, I do not get the link. Was he strange because he cut of his ear or killed himself.
    The point was that he WAS a strange person and has remained famous after all these years since his passing. His work has carried him on in history. Even in music "Stary Stary Night" Don McLean.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    NO NO NO! It was not directed to you Jim. It was a general statement on how some people try to push their world into ours because they think it is the perfect one. Sorry about the missunderstanding.

Hey Tim, I enlighted to read your answer :-) I was rellay very unsure.

Thanks by the way for the pics you posted in the "Synsonic" thread....G.A.S. alarm!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this post was an entertaining read I wonder if it was entertaining for Randy Rhodes at the time when he banged Sharon..LOL
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12