Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hagstrom Swede - New Guitar Day! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hagstrom Swede - New Guitar Day!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say "welcome to the club", but you already had the "Swede" angle covered...

Congrats... sounds killer and looks awesome. What do you think of the "resonator" neck? How does the tone compare to an LP? Sounds delicious in your video... I'll have to swing out your way with my Ultra Swede so you can take 'er for a rip! It'd be cool to hear it in the hands of a master

Like the gold-top, very classy.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! This guitar sounds fabulous I think. Love the pickups. I never had a Gibby LP so I can't say how close it is in sound. I do know this is a classy sounding blues and rock guitar though. I can stupendous clean blues tones on the neck pickups. Brilliant, really!

The resonator fretboard is fast and friendly.

Yeah, come on over, and we'll have a Swede party! Yay!

Thank goodness there's not a Super Norwegian, Select Super Finn, or Ultra Danish guitar, at least as far as I know!

I think the reason this guitar never sold is because all the young punks buying guitars these days don't like that gold top color. Old chaps like us, have a more, should we say sophisticated taste, and I do say that gold top color is oh so classy!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I mean... You won't get anything past SVL, He was right on
    the money!
    Just a whole buncha gratz to you Robert!
    She is a Beeeeeeuuuuute!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I go off being an archery hunting dude and now you've got some awesome toys my friend! Gorgeous guitar!!!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

It sure looks purdy, but I think that Amalia matches the gold finish better than you Robert
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds as good as it looks! And that Mack Heatseeker, Avatar cab and your "skillz" didn't hurt none, either!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Yes Amalia can have the guitar when she is big enough to be able to hold it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fabulous! But then again, in your hands seems everything does! I love the gold top - I agree, very classy looking.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Looks great. I like the look of those Swedes.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert I whatched the vid and I was waiting for you to kick in the Marshall.
    I think it would really come alive through it. Nothing like the rich creamy tone from a Marshall and a humbucker.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm envious Robert! That guitar sounds great!

One of the biggest gear mistakes I ever made was to sell my old Hagstrom Swede. It was a 1974 model made in Sweden that I bought new in '74. It was a black one with an ebony fretboard as they were made then.

I never cared much for the filter switch on mine. I installed a pair of original mid 70's Dimarzio Super Distortion humbuckers in it and wired the neck pickup (which was a Dual Sound) to an "on-on" switch I installed in place of the stock filter switch to use as a coil cut. Man, that combination rocked! Pure 70's rock tone...

I really didn't need to see this video demo. Must...control...GAS...pains...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, the Marshall will come in a later video...

Bloozcat, that was a dumb thing to do... better get a new one. Watch the video again!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Robert, that looks sweet. I've only had my hands on one of those and it was in another state, but I liked it. Maybe it's a good thing they don't stock them around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats!

Congratulations Robert! The guitar looks great but you look better playing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats very nice addition to say the least, ENJOY!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thought I should also post my question here as it is really about this guitar mod I heard about. I saw on FB that you swapped pickups in your Swede. So, . . . we need details! What did you do and how do you like it?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you all about it in a couple of weeks. I'm away right now. The pickups in the guitar are Porter pickups. They sound much smoother and clearer and suit my bluesy style perfectly.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123