Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hagstrom Swede - New Guitar Day!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hagstrom Swede - New Guitar Day!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hagstrom Swede - New Guitar Day!

I bought a new guitar today! Well, I haven't actually payed for it yet... I am testing out over the weekend, but I suspect I won't be able to return the guitar due to its coolness...

It's a guitar I've played at the store for over a year. Can't believe nobody bought it yet. So, I walked in there today, and it just talked to me. It outright said "get me, buddy, we'll be great friends, I promise!" - and who can resist when a guitar talks dirty to you like that? So, the guitar followed me home.

I'll let you guess what it is. It's under $600 CDN.

<edit>
    I am adding this video, since the smart minds here on TheFret figured it out pretty quick.
    </edit>
    Last edited by Robert; January 17th, 2010 at 09:34 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

new rev?????
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    new rev?????
    Nope.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

A Tele of some sort?

Post Thanks / Like

ok is it accoustic or electric???.........betting side says electric.......but ya are do like me for some nice wood
    Last edited by mrmudcat; January 16th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

well, if it was "talking dirty" it must be an electric. Acoustics are the ones you take home to meet Mom, electrics are bad.....

I'm guessin' it has a beautiful pair...of humbuckers, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

It's an electric, but not a tele.

Beautiful Pair

(.) (.)

of Humbuckers - yeppur!

Post Thanks / Like

Fat Strat?

Post Thanks / Like

seems to me there is an f-hole deficiency in your stable....

A semi hollow? 335? Gonna ride with the king? As in B.B.?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a PRS? Or that Gretch?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, nah, and nyet. But keep guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Epi LP

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am gonna guess a Hagstrom.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Jackson with sharkies
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a hint.

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck kind of stop bar is that...I immediately think Gold top Epi because you said below 600 so that rules out a Gibson, but that tailpiece puzzles me... It looks to have a carved top but I can't tell for sure. Who makes a double humbucking under 600...

Post Thanks / Like

OK I'll bite its a Hagstrom swede or gibby gold top
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Nice finish Robert! So is it a Epi?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

A Gretsch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast