Thread: Line 6 M9 distortion demo

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line 6 M9 distortion demo

People asked me for a clip of how the distortion tones are in the M9/M13.

Here you go.

This is also the first video ever recorded in my new studio! Tada!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Great run through of the models.

If you put on a black shirt you'd be just a head and guitar. That would be a trip!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

very nice !
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

VERY nice vid & well played and presented too. Too bad you used a single-coil guitar and the delay...anyway, the very first classic distortion sound was quite nice. And some of the fuzz sounds was also pretty good. I guess I would have to take one in for testing with my setup...easy access to various levels of drive without pedal-to-pedal buffer problems would be handy in many a case.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Some are complaining the gain sounds are bad in this unit. I disagree. Lots of cool tones in here, if you take your time to tweak to your liking.

By the way, single coils rock! (even though I just got a humbucker guitar...)

But this is only showing the distortion stuff - there's tons of other cool effects in this unit! Fantastic box, this is. The latest updates gives (correct me if I'm wrong, Spud), 120 effects in total? Totally wicked!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, seems like a lot of useable tones. All I need is a non-squeezing comp and an OD & distortion, though...been wondering if I should maybe try to use a delay again on some lead bits...but the idea of dancing around to switch between tones while singing irks me a LOT.

Usually change from clean to dirt, add some extra boost for lead AND maybe start using wah, all inside a second while singing is more than enough already...and then back up for verse again super quick...augh. So multiFX units with ready-made patches ARE tempting...so I'm interested in trying.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

If I can offer a smidge of constructive criticism about the recording: I know it's hard to record both yourself and the amph at the same time, but when you're playing there's a lot of "acoustic" sounds from the guitar itself which I think distracts from getting a good taste at what the actual amplified tone is. I don't know if that's something that can be changed in your recording setup or if I'm the only one who notices that.

I obviously can offer no constructive criticism on your playing other than "don't start playing like me."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The latest updates gives (correct me if I'm wrong, Spud), 120 effects in total? Totally wicked!
    Something like that PLUS you get 48 scenes now. That's 48 different storable pedal boards which is a lot. You should get a control pedal so that you can really tap into the power of the unit. The 8 wahs and Whammy are great and being able to control parameters on effects in each scene is a huge bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Robert]People asked me for a clip of how the distortion tones are in the M9/M13.

Here you go.

This is also the first video ever recorded in my new studio! Tada!

[\QUOTE]

Thanks - very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Something like that PLUS you get 48 scenes now. That's 48 different storable pedal boards which is a lot.
    Is this the M9 or m13?
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus
    Is this the M9 or m13?
    Should be for both with the 2.01 software.

Post Thanks / Like

...sweet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Too bad you used a single-coil guitar and the delay...anyway, the very first classic distortion sound was quite nice.
    I agree -- I thought the classic distortion was pretty nice, and one of those Line 6 ones wasn't bad either. I started to zone out not long after that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats a nice selection of od/ds sounds!! Love that Suhr strat copy of yours too
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

This section of the pedal has some very, very nice compressors and eq's as well, but I didn't demo those. It's hard to capture the feel of a compressor on video, but trust me, they are awesome.