Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Speakers Comparaison
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speakers Comparaison

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speakers Comparaison

Interesting vid here ..

Comparaison of Celestion Vintage 30, G12-H30, K100, M70, Seventy 80, Gold Tone, Greenback, G12T-75, Jensen Alnico 12,
    JBL M222, EVM12L, Tone Tubby 40/40, Tone Tubby San Rafael 25, Eminence Tonker and Eminence Swamp Thang..

Make your choice...

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Blazes, I listened to that a while back.

....I can't remember which I preferred.

How about you?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I had seen it too. Very helpful. I hope he didn't have that mic fall out of that holder during the tests...

Thanks Blaze It is a good vid to take a listen to every now and then.

M

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Blaze. That was a great comparison
    Gibson ES 345 TDC
    Gibson ES 225
    Gibson ES 175
    Gibson ES 295
    Gibson ES 350
    Gibson SG
    Fender P Bass 70s
    Fender American Strat Delux
    Fender American Tele
    Alverez Yairi Ani DeFranco
    Fender Twin 65
    Fender Twin 72
    Fender Bassman 70
    Roland JC 120
    Marshall JVM 410 H
    Vintage 30 Stack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yeah Blazes, I listened to that a while back.

....I can't remember which I preferred.

How about you?
    Vintage 30 -- Greenback -- G12T-75

--Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Once the video is fully loaded, it is interesting to randomly click in the red bar at the bottom and hear the differences right away.
    I wish they would have demoed my fav the Blue.

M

Post Thanks / Like

That was really helpful. Thanks.

There are so many speakers on the market and it makes it hard to figure out what to choose. That demo really helps to hear the subtle and not so subtle differences. There are still more that I'd like to hear because I've got a couple of speakers that eventually I'd like to replace. That demo narrowed it down a little bit.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a weber speaker believer, I run 1 silver bell and 1 blue dog in my 2x12 new vintage, and 2 california 12's i my twin ( same as a jbl d120f ) Ted(RIP) was a awsome sound engineer, and thankfully he taught TA his son all of his knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always preferred the warmth and punchiness of V30...the frequencies are pleasing to my ears. Top is there without the shrill.
    This is what I had in my Rivera combo.
    My preference has not changed after listening to the demo (which is really a nice speaker shootout).

Post Thanks / Like

Great find on the shootout Blaze!
    I thought the EV sounded pretty good, Have some
    older EV7300 amps in a P.A. Stable gear!
    Thanks Blaze!
    V30 gets my vote...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by majwild1
    I am a weber speaker believer, I run 1 silver bell and 1 blue dog in my 2x12 new vintage, and 2 california 12's i my twin ( same as a jbl d120f ) Ted(RIP) was a awsome sound engineer, and thankfully he taught TA his son all of his knowledge.
    How do you like the Silver Bell?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, the V30 and the Greenback both sound awfully good....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea the differences could be that great just from a speaker change! I really really love the Vintage 30!
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

I really like that Eminence Swamp Thang, too--big, open sound.

That Tone Tubby San Rafael is apparently much less efficient than most of the others--very noticeable volume decrease, and I think it greatly influences the perception of the speaker's tone, not in a good way. I've read good things about this speaker, but you wouldn't know it from this video clip.....
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; January 20th, 2010 at 11:28 AM.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite speaker combo (this month ) is the Celestion G12H30 and the Vintage 30 together in a 2X12 cab (I actually have a G12H30 and a WGS Veteran 30).

Tight bottom; warm, punchy mids; smooth highs. Funny, but to me the highs with the Vintage 30 alone sound a little harsh or shrill. I don't hear that with the WGS Veteran 30, and in combination with the Celestion G12H30 it's really balanced.

That is a great video demo. Only place I've ever heard each speaker in rapid succession with the exact same riff played over and over. Good stuff!
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    My favorite speaker combo (this month ) is the Celestion G12H30 and the Vintage 30 together in a 2X12 cab (I actually have a G12H30 and a WGS Veteran 30).

Tight bottom; warm, punchy mids; smooth highs. Funny, but to me the highs with the Vintage 30 alone sound a little harsh or shrill. I don't hear that with the WGS Veteran 30, and in combination with the Celestion G12H30 it's really balanced.
    AAMOF, I've been thinking about buying a mixed pair of speakers from WGS to install in the 2x12 Drive cab I bought a couple of years ago. There are a pair of lower end Eminence Legends in it now that are a bit dull & nondescript. I've been leaning toward a Veteran 30 & a Green Beret, their Greenback clone.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DVM, I have a WGS Green Beret in my 1 x 12" cab.

Listening to those clips, I definitely think I like the Vintage 3 and the Swamp Thing better. I dunno how much about my sound is my cab though, it is so boomy...it's a VHT cab I got on CL. It's a closed back, front loaded cab...I'm resisting the temptation to cut out the back to lessen the "boom".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    AAMOF, I've been thinking about buying a mixed pair of speakers from WGS to install in the 2x12 Drive cab I bought a couple of years ago. There are a pair of lower end Eminence Legends in it now that are a bit dull & nondescript. I've been leaning toward a Veteran 30 & a Green Beret, their Greenback clone.
    Green Beret looks interesting as well, i ve purchased an Eminence (Greenback Legend)GB128 for a small cabinet I ve recycled to fit with my Blackstar Ht 5 head.. I like it a lot .Speaker sensivity is 101.4 which is pretty good for a $70.00 speaker.. Always Question of taste obviously..

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    That combo ought to work, especially with the WGS speakers.

A lower end combo that I've played through and liked is the Eminence Legend 125 (older 50 watt version) and the Eminence GB12. Sorta like a Greenback/C12N Jensen combo. Of course, it depends on the amp too.
    Last edited by Bloozcat; February 2nd, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast