Thread: Flextone III Settings?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flextone III Settings?

I have been using the built in settings on my Line 6 Flextone III XL since I got the amp last Summer.

So, I was wondering if any one in the group has one and if so what cool settings could you recommend for a mid-gain and or hi-gain sound.
    I want to try out some new sounds but hate the ones I came up with.

Thanks,
    Maxi................
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    I have been using the built in settings on my Line 6 Flextone III XL since I got the amp last Summer.

So, I was wondering if any one in the group has one and if so what cool settings could you recommend for a mid-gain and or hi-gain sound.
    I want to try out some new sounds but hate the ones I came up with.

Thanks,
    Maxi................
    When I had my Line 6 Flextone III XL, I found that the best way to get tones out of the amp was to actually turn the cabinet modelling OFF. It made a huge difference in being able to dial in a useable tone.

I don't remember the specific settings I used on alot of the models, but I would suggest you try to turn the cabinet modeling off first and go from there.

Also, running a BBE Sonic Stomp or EQ in the effects loop really brings the amp to life as well.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,

TS808, I will try that I am just wanting to try something different that what was programed into the short board.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    Thanks,

TS808, I will try that I am just wanting to try something different that what was programed into the short board.
    Definitely create your own settings and discard the presets.

The most important thing to remember about any modeler is that the EQ will work differently for each amp model too. It will mimic the EQ of the specific amp that you are using. Spend some time reading the manual and tweaking different settings, and try to set the master as high as you can.

What I also found helpful was to use the noise gate sparingly, except on the high gain models where you will need it.

Modelers always take a little bit of tweaking, but once you dial in the right tones, the Flextone will sound pretty sweet. Lose the presets though...I always found them to be a little too over the top with effects, etc.,
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.