Thread: Haven't been around much lately....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haven't been around much lately....

Hey fellow Fretters, I haven't been around much lately on this or other forums.

I started Taekwondo back in September so that has been taking up alot of my time as well as the weight training in-between classes. I'm still playing guitar though.

My wife joined Taekwondo also in October (I'm 49 and she's 48) and two weeks ago we passed our orange belt testing.

It's been ALOT of fun so far and has been an awesome workout!
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

We missed ya, bro. Thanks for stopping by even though you are busy.

At least if someone tries to steal your guitar gear, you can kick their *** like never before, eh!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea TS, thanks for saying hello.

Enjoy the taekwondo.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, I took taekwondo a few years ago and enjoyed it. The discipline you get with studying martial arts can cross over to other endeavors as well, like the guitar.

From my understanding, taekwondo puts a lot of emphasis on kicking as when it developed, many of those who practiced it were artists and musicians and wanted to protect their hands. Sounds plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by TS808
    Hey fellow Fretters, I haven't been around much lately on this or other forums.

I started Taekwondo back in September so that has been taking up alot of my time as well as the weight training in-between classes. I'm still playing guitar though.

My wife joined Taekwondo also in October (I'm 49 and she's 48) and two weeks ago we passed our orange belt testing.

It's been ALOT of fun so far and has been an awesome workout!

Post Thanks / Like

I achieved a black belt in tae in the 80's..........the boys have trained a little this past few years but im trying to emphasize the fact they were born lovers not fighters

Tae=striking with foot
    kwon=striking with the fist
    do= the art

Ok something like that anyways

I agree with Tung it can help develop skills,discipline which directly applies to guitar, and other art forms,and sports

Welcome back brother ts808!!!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!