Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fender: Still coasting on my fame
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender: Still coasting on my fame

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Fender: Still coasting on my fame

So today I opened up the "Musician's Friend 2010 Buyer's Guide" that just came in the mail, and I'll be darned if on page 4 there's a new "MAKE HISTORY American Standard" single-page ad for Strats and Teles, using part of the same background as the double-page ad that came out awhile back (like a year ago or so? I dunno). Much to my surprise I found myself in it fairly easily, same pic as above. In amongst a bazillion other photos, and even smaller than when they ran it as a double-page ad.

If anyone has the Buyer's Guide, in the ad on page 4, find the red Tele, and go straight up from the space between the bridge saddles and the bridge pickup. The pic is the second one up from the edge of the guitar. You'll see what I mean about how tiny the photo is, haha!

Funny thing is, I'm playing a MIM Tex-Mex. Not no American Standard.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, save those ads for the grand kids, eh!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Haha, save those ads for the grand kids, eh!
    They probably wouldn't believe it is me. The picture is a square about the size as the circumference of an eraser on the top of a pencil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Where's Waldo?

Is this your picture?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hey im looking now!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Where's Waldo?

Is this your picture?
    It is harder to find krash you need a magnifying glass
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm guessing you're just waiting around, living off the royalty checks, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Where's Waldo?

Is this your picture?
    Yes, I'm the one with the brownburst Tele.

Btw, there is a town in our county called Waldo. Some friends of mine used to live there. The "Where's Waldo" line never got old for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    So I'm guessing you're just waiting around, living off the royalty checks, right?
    Haha, yeah, me and the 2000 other people in the ad.

When the first one came out, I had forgotten I had sent the photo in. Somebody on another forum posted about finding themselves in the ad and that reminded me. Now if I stumble across a new ad I take a quick look. Often I can't find it, I'm sure they use different parts, of the giant photo-montage they made originally, for different ads.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

Btw, there is a town in our county called Waldo. Some friends of mine used to live there.
    Let me guess, you have trouble locating them, huh?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Let me guess, you have trouble locating them, huh?
    Fortunately, they moved years ago.

Now they live in another small town in our county, High Springs.

DON'T START!

Post Thanks / Like

I see ya, Krash!! Right between the red Tele and that HSS Strat!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I see ya, Krash!! Right between the red Tele and that HSS Strat!
    Haha, yep that microscopic blip is me!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brian,

I know you from Jam Session. How's it going man?

Anyway that's pretty cool to find yourself in Fender's promotional material. That must be kind of a thrill.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Boston
    Hey Brian,

Anyway that's pretty cool to find yourself in Fender's promotional material. That must be kind of a thrill.
    Hey bud, welcome aboard over here! Things are going good on the music front (playing in 4 rock bands and at church), although business (the day gig) could be a LOT better, at least I'm working, which a lot of people cannot say.

On the ad thing, the first time it happened it was pretty cool. Now it's just kind of funny, because I know whenever they put out a new "Make History" ad, there's a chance that that same pic will be in it somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Boston
    Hey Brian,

You know me from JS, too (RatedZ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In this month's GuitarWorld, there is a similar ad with a strat. I wonder if you are in there somewhere. My eyes were not picking you up yet, but I better put on reader glasses to be sure.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    In this month's GuitarWorld, there is a similar ad with a strat. I wonder if you are in there somewhere. My eyes were not picking you up yet, but I better put on reader glasses to be sure.
    Well, don't hurt yourself, those photos are awful small.

I have a subscription (won in a contest) but haven't seen the current ish yet, that I know of.

Could be in the mailbox at Casa Krashpad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is the Feb issue. It is a blues focus, and has long articles with both Mayer and Bonamassa. I don't receive it, but picked it up to see those articles. Seems pretty good! The ad is on page 27.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast